Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of Ruin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:42 am

"I really wish you wouldn't talk like that, Farei." said Mardian. "Yes, we've seen what your father's influence is capable of doing within you, but that seems to only be when you have to employ his power. The sages are wrong about you, Farei. In a lot of ways. I find it totally despicable, not to mention hypocritical that they've made you spend your entire life alone and required you to use the very power that they fear for their own ends just to put you down like an animal that's over-lived its use after you save the very nation that is turning its back on you. No one has the right to treat anyone like that, for any reason. You don't have to learn to swim if you don't want to. I just thought I would offer since it seemed to be something you were interested in. It probably would be a good thing to know in any case, if we have to go somewhere with a lot of water on this mission."
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Farei looked up at Mardian sadly. She realized her mistake. She was bringing everyone's morale down further the more she talked like that. Sure, it wasn't fair, but she could understand the Sages' thinking. They had been caught unawares before and they were plenty wary now.

She reached over and gently gripped Mardian's hand in the hopes of calming him down. His hand was rather large compared to her own, and she could feel the callouses on his palm and his carpal joints. Her thumb gently stroked over the back of his hand and she tried to force a smile. "Maybe you're right about swimming." she said. "But what about your arm?"
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Mardian's strong, calloused hand closed around her hand as she gripped his and he gave it a light squeeze. It was obvious that he cared very much about her and what happened to her. She was so certain that there was no hope for her, no chance she could be spared, and if the sages had anything to say about it, she wouldn't be. He was of the mind that they wouldn't have anything to say about it. They couldn't touch her if she never came back to be killed. For that matter, if they trusted her enough to expect her to come back for her execution how could they consider doing it at all? There were just so many things that made the whole sordid situation incomprehensible to him.

"I can put a water tight seal onto my arm so the wound doesn't get wet." he said. You'll be very light in the water and it shouldn't be too much of a strain. It should help me keep the flexibility in it to keep it moving to a degree. If I don't think I can handle it, we'll stop." he said. He certainly didn't want his brother to be taking over the swimming lessons.

~

Iridian was stretched out on the shore taking in the sun, Avis close by. It was a beautiful day out, and he could see why his parents had previously loved this place so much. His parents had really taken Mardian's loss hard, though and they had vowed never to return to Hyrule, the memories simply too painful and everything a reminder of their lost son. Neither of them had really ever gotten over it. He supposed he really didn't do anything to make their lives easier. He had always been stubborn and difficult for his parents, and after he'd gotten his first taste of women...well, that was that. He knew both his mother and father were ashamed of him, but he'd grown pretty immune to it by now. He'd do what he wanted, and he wasn't going to have his uptight mother and father tell him how to live. He just didn't see the appeal in it. Why settle for being saddled, when there were so many that were just as happy to have some fun no strings attached? A wife just tied you down and limited you. He'd seen both of his parents have a jealous or possessive look in their eye if one of their customers got a bit too personal for their tastes. Who needed that sort of shackle?

Last edited by Netty on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:52 am

Avis sat cross-legged on the grass, just past the shore of Lake Hylia, watching the still, clear waters. It had been fun to swim around in its crisp, cool waters, but now that she was dry, she felt like doing something else around Lake Hylia...the area itself was surrounded by large cliff faces, many of which had many caves and alcoves in them. Perhaps she could explore a cave or two...but she didn't want to do it alone...no, that wouldn't be any fun...she grinned as she saw Iridian. Maybe he would like to join her. There was one close by that the two could explore together. But what if he wasn't interested? He looked content to sunbathe, and Avis felt her smile fall short. She wouldn't want to disturb him for something he might not have been interested in...but it was still worth a tiny shot. If he didn't want to join, then perhaps Akamu would, if they found any treasure.

She got to her feet, smoothing out the back of her shorts as she padded, barefoot over to Iridian. "Hey?" she asked, standing behind him and peering down at him.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:07 pm

She almost smiled when he squeezed her hand.Farei gently placed her hand on the elbow of his injured arm and lifted it so she could see it better, her hand still held in his. "The potions haven't helped much?" she asked, looking up at him. She moved the bandages to look at his wound and felt her heart sink when she saw the severity of the gash. She replaced the bandages carefully and lowered his arm back down, wondering why Mardian was still being so friendly after all the pain she put him through, both physically and mentally.

"If we're here for a while...swimming lessons can wait." she gave a weak smile and gently pat the hand that was around hers. She didn't want to cause him any more harm.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 pm

"It's not as bad as it was. The gash went down to the bone before, and I only made it worse. Gayle said that we were going to be allowed a few weeks here, I suppose that the swimming lessons can wait a while just to play it safe." he said. "And Farei....after all this is over...I don't want you to go back to the desert. There's nothing but death that awaits you there, and you do not deserve to die." His grip on her hand tightened just a little. "I have a lodge that I go to when I'm not traveling around gathering my wares or selling them. It's on the outskirts and very quiet and isolated. You could be safe there without any need to fear your father's influence. You would have no use for his power out there and would be safe from the sages and judgmental eyes."

~

Iridian had been taking in the sun, his eyes closed but he opened both of them when he heard Avis try to get his attention and he smiled that rakish smile of his. "Hey yourself." he said. "What's on your mind, Avis?"
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 pm

"I...I was curious..." Avis replied. She was nervous, especially with Iridian flashing that devil-may-care smile of his. It made her heart thud against her ribcage. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me in a little spelunking," she said. "I-I mean you don't have to, if you don't want!" she stammered. "I just thought it'd be fun, that's all...there are a lot of caves around here to choose from, and maybe we'll find something amazing..."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Farei frowned as he spoke. At first it was about the seriousness of the wound she had given him. She squeezed his hand a bit tighter but her gaze fell as he spoke of his cabin. Either way it sounded like a prison. Sand, grass, it didn't make a difference if she was forced to live at the very edge of society. His cabin in the woods didn't sound much better than her tent in the desert. He would be gone a lot and there wasn't any way to be sure he'd even want her around by the time this mission was through. She smiled sadly and gently pat his hand. "You are very kind and I appreciate it...but that...that won't work.."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm

"Why not?" Mardian frowned. "I'm not saying you have to stay there constantly like the elders had you do. You travel now and do just fine so long as we're not being attacked." he said. "Perhaps you could even join me on my hunting trips. I don't mean for it to be a second solitary confinement for you, Farei...you've had that too long already. At least think about it?" His eyes met hers, his concern for her evident in his features. He wanted to take care of her, to keep her safe, and the thought of her being executed when she had committed no crime at all was unacceptable. He had to make her see that she mattered and that she had something to live for.

~

Iridian smiled. "Sounds like a good time." he said, getting up and brushing off his trousers. "Which way would you like to start?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Avis smiled brightly, hardly able to contain her excitement. "How about over there?" she suggested, pointing towards a nearby opening, only just barely hidden by a few rocks. "It's in Gayle's protection, so we should be fine. I peeked, and it doesn't look like there's anything dangerous inside."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:28 pm

"I will." Farei was just hoping to placate him long enough to keep him from pressing the issue. Hunting didn't sound that fun to her and they had only just reached the lake, away from people. She loosed her hand from his grip gently and moved to stand up, looking back out over the water. "I think I've had enough outside time for today. I'm going to go lie down for a little while, if that's okay. I'm still tired..."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Mardian nodded faintly, respectful of her wishes. "All right, Farei. Get some good rest." he said kindly. Perhaps hunting wasn't the most appropriate word, as most of his wares were medicines and plants, but he did have to eat on the way and he did hunt for meals, and he skinned the animals he consumed to sell their hides so that they would not be wasted. He just hoped that Farei really did intend to think about it. He wanted her to be safe, and one day happy, and he could already see that neither of those were things she had high hopes for.

~

Iridian smiled faintly. "Sounds good to me, baby." he said, getting to his feet. As child like as she seemed sometimes he sort of felt a little more hesitant toward her. Scars had nothing to do with it, she was pretty in her own way, but she was more naive than even he was used to.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 am

"Baby?" Avis asked in confusion. It was not a nickname she was used to, and it surprised her that he would call her that. For all her naivety and childishness, Avis truly was a pure young woman, her innocence intact in spite of all that had happened to her. Of course, such innocent naivety made her very sensitive to remarks, and thus she often shut herself away from others in the past, which led to her current state.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Iridian smirked and offered his arm. "Don't over-think it, babe." he smiled. "Let's get down to this cave of yours and see what we can find. He took her arm and began to walk with her toward the cave. Mardian and Farei were at the moment nowhere in sight, maybe they'd get to have a little more fun in there than Avis was expecting. He smirked faintly. Her cheeks may have been scarred but those curves of hers didn't quit.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Avis smiled softly as she accepted his offered arm, walking in stride with him. Though she knew that neither Farei, Mardian, or Gayle would approve of her being alone with Iridian after that little outburst at him before, she trusted him...perhaps blindly so, but she thought that he was a very nice man, and she could see him doing her no harm.

"I hope you're a good climber," Avis smirked softly, her tone slightly teasing. She knew herself to be an amazing climber, and could only hope that he could keep up. The cave wasn't too far off the ground, but there was not a simple slope or steps that awaited them-only grooves and little rocks that jutted out of a wall.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Iridian smirked faintly. "Oh, I can perform in all sorts of positions." he said. "I don't think I'll have any trouble keeping up with you, Avis." he said. If there was one thing that Iridian had gotten from his father, it was the fact that he was an outdoors-man... when he wasn't getting into trouble with the opposite sex. He got to the cliff that would lead them to the cave entrance and deftly hefted himself up onto the foot and handholds, reaching the mouth of the cave in no time and offering his hand to help Avis up the last foot or so. "All right now, let's see what we can find." he said.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm

The flaxen-haired woman gave a soft nod and a smile, eager to dive right in for their little adventure as she stepped into the cave. She only had a pair of slip-on leather shoes, so her feet padded lightly against the stone floor as they entered. The passageway ahead of them was dimly lit by the sun beaming in, but Avis' eyes adjusted easily enough as they stepped in further, the young woman keeping close to Iridian just in case.

Avis could see the the path bend ahead, and it was clear that things were likely to get pretty dark soon, and she could see no torches. She hadn't brought her ring either, so they couldn't use it as a torch, but there was a faint glow beyond.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Farei tried to push all of it from her mind once she stepped back inside Gayle's home. Even this place felt very heavy and strange. It was hard to relax no matter what she did. She went to change her clothes into something a bit more comfortable. She found a gown and a blanket and padded out quietly to one of the quieter sitting rooms. She didn't want to lock herself away in case she was needed, but she was tired. She stretched out on the couch and draped the blanket over herself, making sure her feet were covered. It was difficult adjusting to the warm nights outside of the desert. When she did sleep she would often wake up covered in sweat, and willful sleep was already hard to come by. Her eyes grew heavy anyway and she drifted off to sleep once she was comfortable, deciding she would make dinner when she woke.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Iridian looked around the entrance of the cave. "We probably should have at least grabbed something to light our way before heading up here. I see some light ahead, might be a hole in the roof, but we may not be able to count on things like that for long. This may be a short trip."

~

Mardian sat next to the water for a little while longer, his mind occupied with thoughts of Farei. She worried him a great deal with her hopelessness of her situation. If only there was something he could do to take that fear away. He sighed and got to his feet. He supposed he should get inside and clean and redress his wound. Or perhaps....

Mardian looked out across the water. There was a fairy fountain near here. Of course. That would mend his arm right up. It was outside of Gayle's protective borders but he would move quickly. He knew exactly where he was going after all. His long legs carried him the short distance beyond Gayle's protection swiftly and he entered the small cave. He removed the bandage from his arm and stepped up to the fairy fountain, gently setting his wounded arm in the healing waters infused with the fairies' magic. He closed his eyes as he felt the soothing magic run through his arm, sinking into the gash and slowly regenerating the torn flesh. It took only a few moments, and when he drew his arm from the water, it was healed, with barely any traces of scarring. He tested his movement and smiled. It was as good as new. He swiftly made the trek back to the safety of Gayle's borders, but he paused momentarily when he noticed some beautiful wildflowers growing wild. He could see nothing coming after him and picked the choicest of them before he headed back into the house. He noticed Farei sleeping and carefully set them beside her, turning to step out so she could rest peacefully.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:17 pm

"I hope not," replied Avis as they made their way further into the cave. Her eyes lit up as she saw that the source of the light was a group of rocks that were embedded in the wall that were glowing with a serenely beautiful light, and she felt it lucky that they were glowing bright enough to light the path as they grew alongside it. "I'd say that solves our problem, so long as they keep covering the cave."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:09 am

Iridian smiled faintly. "Well, what a lucky break for us. Let's try this path first."

He walked with her deeper into the cavern, exploring the serene beauty and glad that there weren't any keese or any other such pests making the trip less than pleasant. This place may just be perfect after all. As they progressed he laced his arm around her waist. "Nice little find you have here, Rag doll." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 am

Avis smiled softly as she looked up at him, grateful for the praise. "Thank you, Iridian," she said. She was a little surprised as he wrapped his arm around her, but she didn't mind...the touch was welcome, especially since he was rather warm compared to the rest of the cave.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:44 am

Iridian smiled as they walked together, pointing out a few especially beautiful crystal formations and chatting with her, letting her talk about her wares and anything else she cared to discuss. She really was a sweet kid, and he liked spending time with her. Of course, he always liked spending time with a pretty woman. He smiled when he came across one of the broken off crystals, still beautiful and shapely on its own, but there was enough of a chink in the perimeter near the base to be just perfect. He took out a slender leather strip and wound the leather inside the groove, tying it off and placing it around her neck.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 am

Avis smiled, looking down at the little bauble around her neck. "Oh, it's beautiful," Avis smiled, admiring her reflection in the glassy wall before her. She touched it, feeling its cool smoothness at her fingertips. "Thank you..." she murmured, turning and giving him a grateful hug for his little gift.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 am

Iridian smiled faintly. Nice curves indeed, and he liked how generous she was with her hugs, because he was getting a nice feel for those curves every time she hugged him. His hand ran down the small of her back as he returned her little embrace, straying a bit more south than was socially acceptable and he let her be pressed just a bit closer in the hug. "Well, I'm certainly glad you like it." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: