Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of Ruin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 am

~The Legend of Zelda~
-Rise of Ruin-

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Get out of my way,” came the command as the doors to the throne room of Hyrule Castle exploded, sending clouds of dust and chunks of stone every which way. A cry like that of a banshee ensued, stopping the knights that rushed forth to defend their liege in their tracks. Stepping through the rubble were two figures: a very large man encased in blood-red armor, ebon cape billowing behind him as he swung his massive sword, knocking back several of the motionless knights.

The second figure was tall, not so much as the first figure, but just as imposing, if not more so. His face was a light shade of lavender, his long hair an even darker shade. The one eye that wasn’t covered by his bangs was a bright red color, almost appearing to glow. His garb was a violent dark purple, and he strode up to the throne where the famed Princess Zelda stood, unaffected by the cry as she held out her sword.

“Put down your weapon, Princess,” commanded the man. “You can do no harm to me. It would be much easier and simpler for the both of us if you would just come willingly. Otherwise, there might be more unnecessary bloodshed, and you wouldn’t want that, would you?” he asked, a silky smooth, but sinister tone in his voice.

For the second time in two years did Princess Zelda drop her sword in surrender, the blade clanging against the ground until it came to rest upon the stone floor. “Who are you?” she asked, as the man waved his arm, encasing the princess in a large, blue crystal.

“Vaati,” he replied.

Zelda’s eyes widened in shock. “How can this be? You were sealed centuries ago-”

“In the Dark World, yes…however, I am here, and I can no longer be sealed by that accursed Four Sword,” he hissed. “Come, Akuji,” the wind mage called towards the ‘Savage Armor’. “Demos and Shadow should be on their way to the Bearer of Courage as we speak. We should be at the resting grounds of my palace by the time they meet up with us.”

“Yes, Milord,” Akuji grunted, throwing down the corpse he had strangled previously and stepping over to his master.

Vaati gave a small nod, and with a wave of his hands, the trio vanished from sight, a group of monstrous beings left in their place. They were armored, and taller than the average man, with sharp fangs in a pig-like mouth. They held spears in their right hands, with lanterns in their other, and they were throwing their lanterns at anything flammable. The knights were finally coming out of their paralysis, only to be slain by the moblins’ spears, torn apart by their fangs, blood tracing the once beautiful halls of Hyrule Castle, the fires spreading.

~

Up in the rafters a young woman sat, swinging her legs back and forth, watching as the once proud, but rather incompetent soldiers of the Hyrulean castle guard were torn apart like rag dolls. She knew she could do nothing to help them, and became interested in something else: who the purple man was after. The princess? Whatever for?

Bearer of Wisdom? And whoever could this Bearer of Courage be? Could it perhaps be Link? The girl wondered. It certainly would be in the best of interests of Hyrule if the Hero were warned so that he could protect everyone.

The girl crawled her way along the support beam, heading towards the nearby window. Once she was out, it was a simple matter of stepping down the roof carefully until she found a few ledges on the wall to climb down.

Once on the ground, after making sure she had everything, she headed out the castle gates, a few moblin sentries outside, leaving her to crawl up the stone walls alongside the pathway to escape. There was massive panic in the town, as the townsfolk tried to escape the moblins outside the castle.

The girl would make her way to Kakariko Village, first. That’s where he was last spotted, according to the Postman, whom appeared to know Link’s every location. She only wished she had a steed to help her move faster, but alas, no such luck existed for her. Shame it had to be that town of horrid memories that she would have to start from to find him.

~

The Bridge of Eldin. It was here Link first fought King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo on horseback to rescue Colin, here where he returned the bridge that a Twilight Portal had destroyed after finding it in Gerudo Mesa. He had let Epona graze for a bit, as he studied the bridge. It had been a year since he left Ordon Village to traverse Hyrule without having to worry about any evil.

He touched the ancient stone of the bridge, running his fingers across the cool stone from evening setting in, and at once, felt immediately at unease. Something was wrong here. He drew the sword he was to deliver to the Royal Family two years ago, unlatching his shield from his back. “Who goes there?” he called out, looking around him.

“Why, no one but yourself, Link,” hissed a voice. For a split second, Link felt a jolt course through him, and he watched in shock as his shadow fled from him. The second it stopped, a figure rose up, one that looked almost exactly like Link. His tunic, boots, belts, and gloves were black, his hair white, his skin a very dark grey, and his eyes a burning scarlet color.

“Who are you?” Link asked.

“I am you, Link,” the shadow laughed, drawing his own sword, a fully black version of the Master Sword, his shield raised as well.

Link was not in the mood for games, and he swung towards the shadow, to which it merely jumped, and stood on the flat side. “You won’t be able to defeat me,” the shadow whispered to Link. “Not with that sword, at least.” Link was thrown back by a jolt of lightning, collapsing on the ground, unconscious.

“You did well, Shadow,” congratulated a voice from close by, the owner revealing himself to be a man clad in black robes, a mane of white hair and a mask of a bird's skull protruding out from under the hood as he stepped out from behind a pillar of the bridge’s entrance.

“Thank you, Master Demos,” Shadow chuckled, bowing before the wizard.

“Come. I am certain Lord Vaati is waiting for us,” the wizard muttered, encasing Link in a crystal similar to the one Zelda was in. The trio vanished, leaving nothing behind but the sword Link used.

--------------------------------------------------------------Little brown, pointed ears twitched as a little creature scurried along the bridge of Eldin. Small, green eyes were wide with fear and amazement as the hero was taken away in a flash, leaving only his sword. The little Picori scurried down where the sword was and tapped it, making it vanish so that he could find some help. There had to be someone...anyone that could help. He let out a whistle and a sparrow swept down to meet him. "Come on, Fritz! That was Link, we gotta help him!" he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thick, dusty brown hair swirled atop a young hunter's head as he moved toward the door of a Kakariko resident who had been complaining of a mouse problem. He was sure it would be a simple enough task, and he knocked on the door.

A large woman opened the door when the man opened the door. She was the type who tried to dress of a higher class than what she truly was, having grandeur dreams of living one day in Castle Town, at least until recently, when she noticed the smoke rising from inside the town's protective walls. And what was worse, was that she had a rodent problem.

"There you are!" she said almost impatiently, opening the door to permit the hunter in. "I'm glad you're here, Sir." she said. "The nasty little beast is behind the bookcase." she said, pointing a fat finger towards it. "I'll be outside...goddesses forbid that little rat touch me.." she did just as she said and went outside, to spend no money, no doubt.

A tiny little creature with creamy brown fur was curled up under a scrap of cloth on a bed with matchsticks for bedposts. She had heard that there was a hunter coming for her, and she couldn't afford to go out on her own again. All of her food was in this place. She trembled and gave squeaky sobs. First she had escaped a cat, being stepped on and rolled over by Gorons, snakes, the evil cuccoos that lived around here, and now humans, the beings her kind were meant to help, were turning on her. She sobbed miserably the more she thought about it.

"You are late."

"I apologize, Milord," Demos murmured, bowing to to the Wind Mage. "The Hero took much longer than I thought it would take to find him."

Vaati grimaced, and shot out his hand. The crystal that held the captive Link jerked for a split second, before floating over to the crystal that held Zelda captive.

"The Bearers of Courage and Wisdom...all I need now is to find Power, and then, I can begin my new order..."

Demos nodded. "Of course, Milord."

"Where is the Palace, Master Vaati?" Dark Link asked, rising from the ground next to Demos. "I sure don't see it."

"Patience, Shadow," Vaati hissed, clasping his palms together and drawing them apart after a moment, raising a barrier of energy around the group. "It has been under the earth for centuries, so I do not expect this to go as quickly as I would like."

Vaati again clapped his palms together, but unlike the blue energy that had become the shield that encompassed them, the energy was like red electricity, crackling wildly. He slammed his palms down on the ground, the energy shooting off several yards in front of them.

Within seconds, the ground began to shake ferociously, setting stones rolling over the place, bokoblins tripping every which way. An explosion of debris ensued, showering the barrier with dirt, rocks, uprooted trees, and a multitude of other things as four spires jutted out of the ground, followed by walls of stained, white stone.

The Palace of Winds now hovered above the crater it made, slowly rising upwards. Vaati removed his hands from the ground, now willing the barrier to follow as the castle climbed higher in order to reach its destination.

~

The sound of a flute could be heard, scarred lips to the instrument playing a strong, forceful tone. Thin fingers moved quickly over and across the holes as the girl danced her way across Eldin Province.

"Ah...this is much too slow," she murmured, coming to a stop to look around at her surroundings. She smiled one of her trademark, creepy smiles as she spied a group of bulblins on the backs of bullbos. If she could just knock one off...

Mardian shifted the bookcase and found the little hole. He frowned a little when he heard the sobbing. That certainly was like no squeak of a mouse or rat he'd ever heard. He moved down and saw that the hole was large enough for his fist to go into. He shifted down onto his stomach and peered inside. What he saw when his eye was level to the hole absolutely amazed him. A little match stick bed, and something trembling beneath the blanket. The first thing that came into his mind was a story his mother had told him about tiny creatures, and that squeaking noise sounded like sobs rather than the squeaks of a rodent. "...Can't be..." he murmured. "Hello in there..." he paused. He supposed if it was, as he much doubted one smart and tiny mouse...it was only him that would be telling this tale. "...Little Picori?"

A pointed ear twitched and small, scared blue eyes over-bright with tears peered out, seeing the hunter's face on the other side of her hole. "P-Please...don't kill me." pleaded the tiny creature. "I'm not a mouse or a rat...I swear." she squeaked. Tear soaked cheeks the next to be seen from under the small bit of salvaged cloth. She was still shaking uncontrollably, knowing of all the ways humans kill the actual rodents from sinister traps to suffocating gases and burning, corroding poisons.

"Yee-ha!" the girl whooped, hanging onto the reins of the bullbo single-handedly, swinging her cap around. She'd managed to get two riders to crash their mounts into each others', and she gladly took one of them. Kicking her heels into its sides, she brought the bullbo into a bucking speed, hanging on quite well, surprisingly, as she rode it over the Bridge of Eldin, on the fast track to Kakariko.

Mardian looked in at the tiny little creature. The poor thing was terrified. "Of course not, little one. The woman of the house is out, and you can't stay here anymore. I won't hurt you, but that woman thinks you're a rodent and she'll make sure you are if I don't. Come, get your things together and I'll get you out of here. I promise I won't hurt you. I'll get you out of here and help you find a safer place to stay. He took an empty pouch from his belt and set it down beside her little hole. "Gather what you want to take and I'll take you out, I doubt she's going to want to see the dead rodent, but if she does, I'll take care of it. You won't be hurt, I promise."

The little Minish didn't waste any time. This man had a pure heart, and she did as she was told. She packed all of her clothes, extra blankets and a tiny pillow or so. Any personal belongings were put into a smaller satchel and placed carefully into the empty pouch. Then there was all of her food she had stowed away. She carried out dried berries and plenty of breadcrumbs of all kinds. Of course, she had to pay this man, so she offered him her most prized possession. She carried out a whole chocolate chip cookie and she held it up for him.

"Here...here you go, Mister." Miri said meekly. "It's fresh still...I was saving it for winter...but you can have it. For not killing me."

The young Hylian girl had managed to get the bullbo to a speed that DIDN'T require bucking, and was hanging on quite well, singing a little tune. "Oh, I'll be ridin' round Death Mountain when I come, oh I'll be ridin' round Death Mountain when I come~"

She faltered a slight moment as the bullbo scampered off course for a quick second thanks to a bomskit that messed up the footing of her steed, but she righted it quickly, continuing to sing as she rode to Kakariko.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Rise of Ruin
Post by admin on Jan 27, 2009, 11:25pm

Mardian smiled softly at the little offering and knew that he shouldn't refuse it. "Thank you, little one. Don't worry. I'll make sure you're taken care of for winter as well." Once she was all packed up and ready, he held his palm down for her to climb onto. "All right, time to go, little friend. My name is Mardian. What's yours?"

Garic saw the woman on the beast and was slightly disturbed. He had no interest in telling anyone like that...

Post by jessi on Jan 28, 2009, 5:33pm

Miri smiled up at him. "My name's Miri!" she said in a cheerful squeak. She looked around for a moment and hopped into his pocket. "I'll hide here until we're out of sight of that mean lady." she said, her tiny voice muffled by the cloth of his pants. She curled up and held onto some fabric so she wouldn't be tossed around so much. "Oooh! There's a shiny in here!" she giggled, holding onto the spare Rupee in the pocket.

Post by Dai on Jan 28, 2009, 5:50pm

The girl rubbed her chin as she neared the village, slowing down the bullbo so it didn't crash into anything and send her flying. "Ah...once I get to Kakariko, I need to make sure to find Link quickly..."

She steered the bullbo past a small body of water so the chance for it slipping became less probable. "Gotta inform him that the princess has been kidnapped, Castle Town's on fire, and someone is after him...yep! That's about right! I just hope I didn't miss him," she spoke, heading towards Kakariko's gate.

Post by admin on Jan 28, 2009, 5:58pm

Mardian chuckled softly. "Shh...little one. We're going out now. Try to keep quiet." he said gently. He walked outside, dusting off his hands. "Your mouse problem is taken care of, Ma'am." he said once he found the woman at market.

Post by jessi on Jan 28, 2009, 6:56pm

"Kay." Miri whispered, hunkering down and staying still. She shivered, smelling that woman's gaudy perfume from the pocket.

"Oh, wonderful! I hope I never see anymore of those disgusting creatures ever again." she said. She pulled out her wallet and paid Mardian the amount that had already been discussed. "There you are, young man." she said. "Polite society can't thank you enough."

Post by Dai on Jan 28, 2009, 7:21pm

Thundering claps of hooves on packed dirt sounded as a bullbo rounded round the bend, headed right for the man of the hunt, the gaudy woman, and the little Pocket Picori. At the last possible second, the young woman riding pulled on the reins sharply, just barely missing nicking the large woman across her back midsection with the bullbo's tusks.

She turned the beast around after a few yards past the trio, stopping it right at that spot of turning. Pulling her legs up onto the beast's back, she swung her legs around, pushing herself off the side of the beast. She swept off her cap, bowing low to no one in particular, before swinging her arms up, and cheering, "Tadaa!"

The other townsfolk outside stared at the girl, some in shock, and some in disturbed fear, with other varied reactions, though none appeared happy to see her. And why would they? They had no reason to.

The girl heard the whispers, and placed her cap back on her head, and patted the side off the beast. "Thank you so very much for your help, now run along now," she giggled, smacking the beast firmly on the rump, setting it in a stampeeding beeline for the exit. No one and nothing was in the way, so she didn't need to worry.

"Now, where is that Link," she murmured, tapping her chin in thought. "Oh, sorry about nearly running you over," she said, apologizing to the trio.

Post by admin on Jan 28, 2009, 7:31pm

"My thanks is your satisfaction and your recommendation to your friends, ma'am. Thank you very much." he said, taking his pay. His eyes widened at the woman and he pulled her out of the way, the creature's tusks almost impaling the woman. "Are you positively insane?!" he said, striding right up to the woman. "There is no, I repeat, no excuse for stampeding into a village with one of those half crazed boar beasts! You irresponsible twit! You could have killed half the people in the street. Then you smack the damn thing to go off again like a crazed battering ram on hooves. How the hell do you know it wouldn't have veered into one of the buildings or if there wasn't someone in the path beyond? What is in your head?!" The hunter was beyond livid. "I've never seen such a disregard for people's safety in my life!"

Post by Dai on Jan 28, 2009, 8:17pm

"You..." The woman clenched her fists. "Did not..." Her ring sparked blue flame. "Just call them crazy!" she hissed, rounding on the man. "I know crazy, and those beasts are not even half-crazy!" she yelled. "

Her eyes were set in a mad glare, the right twitching occasionally. Her lips were twisted in a snarl, her scars accentuating the look, and a few passersby dashed in fright from the look. "I...may be insane..." she growled, "but a simple beast like that is nowhere near crazy!. The only things crazy are their riders!"

The young woman was royally pissed. She had an eighth of a mind to teach this man exactly what disregard for safety was.

Post by jessi on Jan 28, 2009, 8:38pm

The large woman got one good look of the boar and the odd woman and collapsed right to the ground, out cold, the earth shuddering beneath their feet in response to the woman's weight being thrown against it.

A rather frightened Picori poked her head out of Mardian's pocket. "Stop it!" she squeaked, throwing her little arms up. "Stop fighting! ...Please. It...it was reckless to ride one of those things into town, but everyone's okay! No one got hurt, that's all that matters. Please stop fighting..."

Post by admin on Jan 28, 2009, 8:44pm

Mardian paused and looked down. His anger was still raw against the reckless woman, but the sting melted a bit at the little one's pleas. "Stay there, Miri. I won't fight anymore, but it's better you're not seen any more than you already have been, all right?" he said, forcing his voice to be calm and soothing to the little one.

Post by Dai on Jan 28, 2009, 9:02pm

The woman's eyes widened at the picori, and her lips turned her snarl into a wide smile. "Well, hello there, Cute'n Small!" she cooed, bending a bit to get a closer look at the little creature. "It was bad of me to ride it that fast, and I won't do it close to civilized places again," she promised, though some of the villagers were sure that had to be a lie.

"Would anyone like a mask?" she asked, switching gears quite fast as she turned her bag in front of her, preparing to open it.

Post by jessi on Jan 28, 2009, 9:28pm

"Oooh! A mask!" Miri squealed. "But..but wait, um...Miss? Why did you ride a scary looking boar thingy into town so fast?" she asked, curious. "It was really scary..."

Post by Dai on Jan 28, 2009, 9:39pm

"Ah...I came here looking for Link," she said. "The princess has been kidnapped, Castle Town's on fire, and the guy who instigated both has someone who is going to kidnap him. Have you seen him? The Postman told me he would be here."

The girl scratched at her cheek. "Silly me, I've forgotten to introduce myself! I am Avis, the Happy Mask Salesgirl, at your service."

Post by admin on Jan 28, 2009, 9:54pm

Mardian looked toward castle town and his eyes widened. As insane as this woman obviously was, Castle town was definitely on fire.

"He's already gone!" came a tiny squeak as a tiny sparrow landed on Mardian's shoulder. Mardian turned his head and saw the tiny form astride the little feathered creature. "Another one? What do you mean, little one?" he asked, extending his palm for the bird to hop onto and hop on it did, its tiny rider hopping down. "I saw it! They caught Link in this huge shiny right in front of me on Eldin bridge!"

Post by jessi on Jan 29, 2009, 12:08pm

Miri's head popped out again. "A huge shiny?!" she squeaked, looking up at the other Picori. "You can't put a human in a shiny. They're too solid." she said, scratching her head. It didn't make any sense to her. It was only a second later that she realized there was a sparrow there and she squealed in terror. "It's going to eat me!"

Post by admin on Jan 29, 2009, 12:28pm

Fritz chirped and tilted his head. "Eat a Picori? Why would I want to do an icky thing like that?" Of course, his chirps were not understood by the humans present.

"Fritz is my friend. He wouldn't eat you." he said. "He helped me get here. But yeah, seriously. They trapped him in a huge shiny after they knocked him out. Lookie! I brought his sword!"

Mardian closed his other hand over the two. "Not here, little one." he said quietly. "Stay quiet for a moment." He was amazed that there was no more attention drawn than there already had been, but he smuggled them into the empty cave near the spring and set them down.

Post by Dai on Jan 29, 2009, 1:05pm

“Demos.”

The wizard in question rose up from the ground in a fashion very much alike Shadow, greeting his master with a low bow and a, “You called, Milord?”

The wind mage was in his study, holding shut a simple book in his hand. At face-value, it didn’t appear noteworthy. However, one should never judge a book by its cover, for this book was none other than the Book of Mudora, an ancient artifact that recorded all of Time as it happened, right from the beginning of Creation.

“I wish of you to dispose of this in the stomach of a creature of your choosing in the Goron Mines,” he said, passing the book to his second-in-command. “I want you to infuse this book with something that will affect the beast in a way that will further my plans as well.”

“As you wish, Milord,” Demos replied, bowing low to the ground as he sank through it.

“Remember, this world is beginning anew under my will…and I need no record of the old one left.”

~

Mere moments later, the book had a black aura around it, and Demos was in the sacred mines of Hyrule’s subterranean race. “Now, what will serve to get this place a-cookin’…” he murmured, looking around at the bubbling lava.

Close by, a curious creature poked its head out of the lava. A toadpoli, one that had been born and raised to withstand the extreme temperatures of the molten rock. It saw a target, and its stomach began to swell. Mere seconds later, the creature spat out a large ball of flames, with a solid center. Demos stepped out of the way, and seemed intrigued.

“You’ll do nicely,” he chuckled, and with careful aim and precision, he tossed the book into the toadpoli’s mouth, and the unfortunate creature swallowed, immediately looking sick. Demos made his exit, as the toadpoli underwent the desired transformation that the wizard’s master wished for.

~

An earth-splitting eruption sounded, sweeping many denizens off their feet. Avis herself landed roughly on her bum, wincing as she narrowly avoided making her tailbone sore.

“GOOOOROOOO!”

A set of mini-quakes followed as a large, yelling boulder bounced and rolled into Kakariko from Death Mountain, just barely hitting anything. Another eruption sounded, sending a quake that forced the boulder high into the air, bouncing and rolling right into the spring, sending a spray of mud, rock, and water everywhere.

The boulder unfurled itself, revealing it to be a Goron that promptly fell flat on his back. “Help…goro…Trouble in…the mines…”

Post by jessi on Jan 29, 2009, 8:30pm

Miri gave a terrified shriek and curled up in a tiny ball in Mardian's pocket, trembling and shaking more than the earth itself. Now it was as if this day was just going to get worse and worse. She sobbed in utter fright and held her head under her arms, quivering. When everything in her world was so ginormous, everything was scary.

Post by admin on Jan 29, 2009, 8:52pm

Mardian blinked and gently reached into his pocket. "Its all right, litte one. No one will harm you while I'm here." he said. He curled his fingers to allow the little one to crawl into his hand. He looked outside. "Goddesses...has the entire nation gone out of its mind?"

Post by Dai on Jan 29, 2009, 9:17pm

Avis shook her head, seeing as no one but her wanted to go help out the poor rock-eater. Her eye twitched at Mardian's question, and she grumbled something about showing him the true meaning of madness before she made her way over to the Goron in the shallow of the spring.

"Are you all right, Mr. Rocks'n Rolls?" she asked. The Goron had a few burns on its body, which was really strange, as Gorons were capable of withstanding even lava.

"A...bit," he grunted, pushing himself up into a sitting position as the spring worked its magic on his burns.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"A monster...appeared in our sacred mines-goro...it started tearing the place apart. We couldn't stop it, so our Patriarch, Darbus, ordered me to go seek help-goro."

Post by jessi on Jan 29, 2009, 11:04pm

Miri poked her head out from between Mardian's fingers once he pulled his hand out of his pocket. "The mines?!" she squeaked. "There are Minish up there! Melari can't get all of them out if that place erupts!" she scrambled down Mardian's leg. She didn't expect the hunter to really help, and it would be out of place to ask, but she didn't want where she had originally come from to burn under a layer of lava.

Post by admin on Jan 29, 2009, 11:13pm

Mardian scooped her back up quickly. "Hold on, Miri." he said. "You'll never get up ther in time on your own. I'll take you and help you get them out. Once we get the other picori off the mountain I'll have a look at what's going on up there. Don't you worry. Everything will be all right." he said, trying to soothe the little picori. He had saved this little one once, and he didn't do so to see her get killed racing up to that goddesses forsaken rock.

Post by jessi on Jan 29, 2009, 11:19pm

"No..no...if that place erupts there's no way even you with your long legs could get away in time. I bet this whole village is doomed...." Miri squeaked. "If I could just get up there fast....and warn them. No...even that won't be fast enough..." she held her head in her hands and tried to think. She paced around and her breathing was erratic. "No....no...no no...that won't work."

Post by Dai on Jan 29, 2009, 11:35pm

"Stay here and rest, if you will," Avis told the Goron, but in more of a request. "I'll go take care of your monster," she smiled.

The girl slipped her hand into her bag, pulling out a strange, long-eared cross between a head-band and a hood and took off her hat, stuffing it into her bag before placing the object on her head.

She took one look at Miri panicking, and reached into her bag, pulling out a second long-eared hood and placed it in Mardian's free hand, with the inside facing him.

The next second, she sped off at an inhuman speed, jumping up one ledge of the trek on Death Mountain, heading up towards another.

Sewn into the inner part of the hood was a small tag that read, "This is the Bunny Hood! If you wear this item, you will run faster and jump higher than you ever could before! Don't believe me? Just try it! You won't be sorry, I promise!

~ The Management."

Post by admin on Jan 29, 2009, 11:39pm

Mardian gently placed the two picori in his shirt pocket and sighed. Fritz chirped that he would fly along beside them and he put on the ridiculous hood. They had to do something, and perhaps all he could do was go straight to the source of the trouble. "Hold on, little ones." he said gently and sped up after the woman, catching up easily as his legs were also longer than hers.

Post by jessi on Jan 31, 2009, 7:53pm

Miri squealed in terror at going so fast and curled up in a tiny ball at the very bottom of the pocket, trembling and hiding her head, holding onto her hat. Fear quaked through her tiny body and left her paralyzed in fear.

Post by Dai on Jan 31, 2009, 8:04pm

He may have longer legs, but Avis had practiced often with its speed, and had even managed to do a lot more, especially in controlling her jumps and such. She headed up, avoiding the geisers that fired off at intervals, and arrived at the top, sweeping off her Bunny Hood and replacing it with her normal cap. Mines weren't the best places to be quick in. She just hoped they'd allow her in.

Post by admin on Jan 31, 2009, 8:15pm

Mardian raced up the mountain behind her, catching up before too long.

Garic wrapped his arms around her tightly and squeaked. It was a bumpy ride. "It'll be all right!" he squeaked.

Post by jessi on Feb 1, 2009, 12:14pm

Miri jerked when they came to a stop and remained tightly curled up. She knew this day was only going to get worse. She very slowly loosened her muscles and looked up at Garic, wide-eyed, clutching her hat to her tiny little chest. "That...that was scary." she squeaked.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 12:38pm

"If you want to keep that 'mask'," Avis said lightly, "I won't charge you for it, though it is one of the more useful masks I sell."

The room just before the mines was place of interest, where many a sumo or boxing match had taken place, with elevators leading to both the hot springs and the base of the mountain. Avis entered the room, where the four Goron elders and their Patriarch were having a discussion. Avis politely, or as politely interrupted with a cough, and did a small bow.

"The goron that came down from here asking for help..."

"Then you are wishing to help," Gor Coron said, folding his arms as he looked at the two he could see. They didn't entirely appear to be much, especially the one with the cap, but appearances were always decieving. The Hero had proven just that.

"You may enter the mines," Darbus said.

"Be careful, young humans," said Gor Liggs.

Avis nodded, and a reassurring smile crossed her lips. She unsheathed a long, bloodstained machete, one very similar to a bokoblin's, save for it looked to be in much better shape, and she stepped into the sweltering mines.

Whatever the beast was, it certainly was good at trashing places. Cracked and shattered rocks could be seen everywhere, with small craters spread out occasionally, gnarled and twisted metal also visible.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 12:46pm

Mardian scowled slightly after them. " . . . Anyone else find it odd that not a one of those Gorons offered to lend a hand?" he said, stepping in on the sweltering heat as well. "I never thought Gorons to be cowards."

Post by jessi on Feb 1, 2009, 1:18pm

"They are more heat-resistant than we are..." Miri squeaked, having to catch her breath when the wave of heat sucked her breath away. "And the big one has no excuse...they don't even looked scratched up or anything...they just gave up." she muttered. "I'mma go back there and give them a piece of my mind!" she said, moving to climb out of the pocket.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 1:27pm

"Train your eyes and ears more," Avis grumbled. "You might learn something, such as a goron getting burned being an unsettling thing," she said. If they didn't hear, she sure did. The yells of gorons could be heard, along with a deafening croak. Avis jumped from floating-on-lava platform to floating-on-lava platform, making her way across. The Bunny Hood would be a mistake here, making things too fast and too high to coordinate things properly.

Post by jessi on Feb 1, 2009, 1:37pm

Miri squealed in fright. "Well if Gorons are getting burned then we'll melt!" she screamed after the crazy lady. She whimpered at the sight of the lava. "That big one is the leader! And he's leaving everyone else to die!" she climbed out of the pocket and started stomping back towards the entrance before Mardian could follow the crazy Avis lady who seemed to be a big ol', pompous know-it-all.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 1:39pm

"Of course its unsettling." said Mardian. "But the ones assembled in that chamber are responsible for the safety of their people. Darbus should be on the front lines, not sitting back with the elders and letting others do their dirty work. That is unsettling to me."

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 1:57pm

"I don't know what's going through his or their minds," Avis murmured. "Even though what they're doing is a danger, I intend to help end this like I came here for."

The crazy girl sped into the room, looking up at the offending creature as it smacked one of the few remaining gorons out cold into the lava.

It was covered from head to toe in some sort of rock-like armor, yet a punch from a goron didn't even seem to crack it. Its wrists and ankles were wreathed its flame, with a collar of fire around what little neck it had. It appeared to be a massive frog, and its cheeks puffed out before it spat a ball of fire with a similar rock-like substance for a center, sending a goron to its back, rolling into the lava.
~Infernal Amphibian Pyroad~

It gave a loud 'ribbit' as it looked down at the puny human staring back at it. Avis's grip on her machete tightened as she looked at the beast.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 2:46pm

"Goddesses...what sort of atrocity made this creature? It looks like an overgrown demon toadpoli..." He drew his sword and gripped it tensely.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 3:03pm

"Perhaps it is the work of that purple guy," Avis replied. An unsightly smile crossed her lips as she dashed at the creature, kicking off the ground and spinning once in the air, building the momentum of her swing. The machete's sharp edge scraped along the edge of the armor, but only sparks fell, and when they vanished, the armor remained.

Pyroad's cheeks inflated as he spat out a rock at the girl who jumped out of the way. He noticed Mardian, and turned his bulk around to spot a rock at him.

Post by jessi on Feb 1, 2009, 3:41pm

"He's really slow..." Miri said, peering out of the pocket as the beast turned to face them. "The Gorons aren't really that fast unless they're rolling around...so maybe that's why they can't really get to him. And...I guess..." she watched Avis' attack when it was performed. "It's armor is impervious to normal weapons..." she was wracking her little brain. She was confident Mardian would be able to keep safe if it moved that slow. So long as he could dodge flaming rocks.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 3:45pm

Mardian dodged the movment quickly and leapt out the way. It was slow, thankfully, but it was also enormous, and there were pools of lava all around them. He'd have to watch his step...it wasn't just his life he was protecting, after all.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 4:02pm

Avis rolled out of the way of another, but was trapped in a corner, and Pyroad's cheeks were already inflated. The next second she had a rock headed her way, and though she knew it was risky, she readied her machete. At the right moment, using the force of her hand to help push the blade, she smacked the rock back at Pyroad.

The object chipped off a lot of the fiend's armor, exposing a soft, fleshy underside. The creature croaked loudly, aiming to smack Avis with its hand before spitting out a rock at Mardian, Avis rolling out of the way of the hand.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 8:47pm

Mardian saw the projectile flying back at him and he slashed his sword straight into it, striking just beneath the creature's throat. It wasn't a matter of breaking all of the armor, it was a matter of exposing what they needed to slay the beast fastest.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 8:59pm

The majority of Pyroad's underside was exposed after only a few more returns, and it was clearly getting worried now as its movements were becoming more erratic and destructive. It swung the full brunt of its weight at Avis who leapt out of the way just in time, smashing its face into the wall and dazing it. The young Hylian took this opportunity to hack and slash at its side while it was still out.

Post by admin on Feb 1, 2009, 9:22pm

Mardian raced forward and took his sword to the creature's neck burying his sword into the creature's shoulder deeply, before kicking to the side to get away.

Post by Dai on Feb 1, 2009, 9:39pm

As surprisingly large as this creature was, it did not take much to fell the beast. With one final slice in between the eyes of the beast, it flailed up, overbalancing and falling on its back, shaking the platform as its bulk hit it. The creature turned completely black, many pieces flaking off as it appeared to shrink, until nothing was left but a normal toadpoli.

Even then, it exploded into dust, leaving behind a simple, green book, faded in cover, torn and bent in some places. Avis picked up the book, brushing off the dust and nothing else, as there was surprisingly nothing left that ever revealed that it may have been in the beast.

Avis shrugged, and put the book in her bag for later. It was a curious object, and if it yielded nothing, she could perhaps put it up for sale, if none of the others wanted it. Before she turned, however, there was a bright red flash. Rising up slowly from the ground was a faint, red glow from the middle of the room, that stopped in midair, merely hovering.

Inside the glow appeared to be a red, shiny jewel, in the shape of a sphere with three points atop it. "What...is that?" Avis murmured, her hand twitching, almost as if it wanted to reach out and grab it.

Post by jessi on Feb 2, 2009, 9:26pm

"PRETTY SHINY!!" Miri squealed, hopping up and down on the ground excitedly, hoping to get to touch it. "I want it! I want it! Give it to me! Me!"

Post by admin on Feb 2, 2009, 9:40pm

Mardian chuckled softly and gently lifted the little picori into his hand. "Patience, Miri. It might be hot, and it did just come out of a demon toadpoli." he said.

Post by Dai on Feb 2, 2009, 10:01pm

Avis' fingers grasped around the object, removing it from its place in the air. It felt warm, but different than just the average temperature warm. It felt...comforting, but powerful. She turned and held it out for Miri to look at and touch.

Post by jessi on Feb 3, 2009, 7:12pm

Miri nodded and waited patiently in Mardian's hand. When the jewel was moved closer to her, she leaped onto it, giving it a full body hug and giggled. She crawled up to the points and gnawed on it a bit. "Yep!" she clapped her tiny little hands. "It's a real shiny!"

Post by admin on Feb 3, 2009, 7:44pm

Mardian chuckled softly and took the little picori back. "We should probably get out of here." he said.

Post by Dai on Feb 3, 2009, 8:09pm

As the last word left Mardian's lips, the sound of a horn being played resounded throughout the room, heard only to the concious humans, Minish, and bird. It was a mysterious melody, an old melody, and Avis turned to find the source. Whisps of wind picked up dust as it whirled around the five, its speed accelerating with each round, until the wind was moving so fast that it became blinding.

~

The winds died down, and the group found themselves in Kakariko Graveyard, the moon hung high in the sky among the stars. Avis looked around, a small smile tracing her features. She felt small comfort in this place, only for the fact that it was the only place in Kakariko where no person would want to harm her, and...where her only family resided.

"Hey, guys, look at what we've got. Two little humans, wandering the grave at night. What's up with that?"

Avis' smile fell, and she turned, looking around for the source of the voice. From behind seven graves rose seven lanterns lit in blue flame, each with a visible, pristine stone skull pendant at the bottom of the lantern, and the girl's face contorted into a mixed mask of fear and anger.

"You..." she hissed. The distinct hiss of metal being pulled from leather could be heard. One of the larger lanterns floated next to Avis.

"Us?" asked one of the invisible beings.

"Bah, she's just another who knows what a poe is, doubtful there's anything else," said another.

"So, how're you, little girl?" a third asked, a jeering tone in its voice.

Avis shook violently, glaring at the invisible fiends with tear-rimmed eyes. "How...how do you...THINK...I feel?" she asked in choked whispers, gritting her teeth. "You...you killed...Mommy and...Daddy...and you left me for dead...I'll...I'll-!" she shrieked, swinging at the creature, her machete clanging against the quickly brought up lantern.

Post by admin on Feb 14, 2009, 4:08pm

The poes surrounded them then and attacked Mardian drew his sword and held his bow in his other hand, smacking the whirling lanterns away from them in rapid succession. He'd fought poes many times before, and he was no greenhorn at it.

Post by Dai on Feb 14, 2009, 4:21pm

One of the pendants had horns, and it was clear this one was the leader. He was the leader of a bunch of imp poes, and he was the big poe of the group. More in the mood to just let his flunkies kill while he watched, he flew out of melee range.

Avis was a mess of blind fury and hatred. She swung at the lantern in front of her, clanging loudly against it. The poe materialized itself, turning its scythe back in preparation to cleave through the girl. She didn't give him the chance to swing, as she tore through its stitch and rags body with her machete from head to legs, watching as it exploded into bluish smoke.

She ducked under another materialized scythe, aiming to behead this one as it wanted to her.

One of the poes fighting Mardian brought up his scythe, intent on a guillotine move on the man.

Post by jessi on Feb 23, 2009, 10:47am

Miri's little body was poofed out a bit from the fur standing on end, as if to be intimidating. She saw the poe raise it's scythe and in an act of stupid bravery, leapt from Mardian's head and latched onto the poe's face, biting and stabbing at the eye with a small needle.

Post by admin on Feb 23, 2009, 11:19am

Mardian winced at the sight of Miri and jumped back to avoid the scythe, taking an arrow from his quiver and throwing it with a flick of the wrist, striking it in the eye as he turned to attack the poe that Miri was currently biting and stabbing.

Post by Dai on Feb 23, 2009, 12:06pm

Avis was launching a volley of fireballs at the lead poe, intent on roasting him. "Get down here!" she shrieked.

The poe merely laughed, floating breezily out of the way of her hatred-fueled attempts to kill him.

"Graugh! You pint-size brat!" The poe was leaking ethereal stuffing out of its eye, and he grabbed the picori in his fist, chucking it at Mardian.

"Nyaaagh!" The arrow lodged itself in the poe's eye, the creature exploding into dust, leaving behind a small, glowing black and purple orb.

Post by jessi on Feb 27, 2009, 4:09pm

Miri smacked against Mardian's chest and gave a squeak of pain. She gripped the cloth tightly before she fell off and trembled, pain wracking through her tiny body as her muscles absorbed the shock of the throw and the collision.

Post by admin on Feb 27, 2009, 10:19pm

Mardian caught her in her palm and gently placed her in a pouch. "Good work little one, but let me take it from here....you'll be all right." He held his swords up and struck at the nearest poe, striking at two of the poes standing near each other and trying to get their eyes again.

Post by Dai on Feb 27, 2009, 10:46pm

Aria's ring sparked, shooting off a massive burst of flames at the boss, who fell just as his minions fell, and Avis stared, still tense, teeth gritting. She had been hit several time in her rage, bleeding in a decent amount of places. Tears were still streaming down her cheeks, and yet...she was finally rid of her childhood tormentors...why didn't she feel any better?

Post by jessi on Feb 28, 2009, 2:11pm

Miri shook and curled up in the pouch. Her tiny body was still trembling from the impact and her head hurt really bad. She whimpered and bit on a little piece of cloth to help. She held onto her head after a second and whimpered a bit more. She hated being so little.

Post by admin on Feb 28, 2009, 2:15pm

Mardian glanced at the girl and put a red potion in her palm, carefully reaching into his pouch and lifting Miri out, sitting down on a grave stone and resting the little one in his palm. "Are you hurt badly, Miri?" he asked gently.

Post by Dai on Feb 28, 2009, 2:36pm

Avis uncorked the potion after a moment's silence , downing it slowly. She wiped the tears from her eyes when she was done, and sheathed her machete, sighing.The sound of a horn blared, playing an ancient, mysterious song, one of the forest.

Sitting in a tree nearby sat a curious thing, a child-sized creature of somewhat human appearance. In his beak he held a horn, his clothes of orange and green making him appear to be very festive. His eyes glowed yellow behind a Hawkeye mask, and he was an amusing creature indeed, this skull kid.

Post by jessi on Mar 20, 2009, 12:11pm

Miri was clutching at her head, whimpering, swearing her brain was still rattling in her tiny little skull. She was curled up tightly in his hand, as if she were paralyzed and forced into the compact position. The music playing only hurt her tiny little head worse, and she wished she could just pass out until the pain passed.

Post by admin on Mar 20, 2009, 8:31pm

Mardian reached and got another potion out, tilting the bottle so that a drop was collected at the neck of it. "Here little one...take a sip of this...it'll help you feel better." he said.

Post by Dai on Mar 20, 2009, 8:42pm

A flurry of leaves followed the end of the song, and the skull kid was seen sitting on the puppet that appeared, gliding over to the four, er, five. "A crazy, a hunter, and two teensy-weensy little Picori," noted the skull kid. "And a set of wings...my, this is what she expects to save Hyrule? She must've finally lost her mind."

Post by jessi on Mar 21, 2009, 1:58pm

Miri had just finished taking a sip of the potion when she looked over at the skull kid. "What's a talking scarecrow doing here?" she tilted her head. She sniffed. "You smell like a forest, Mister Scarecrow." she looked down at the puppet and squeaked. "Make it go away!"

Post by Dai on Mar 21, 2009, 2:17pm

"Ah, of course," chuckled the skull kid, back-flipping off the puppet, landing expertly on his feet, and clapping his hand once, letting the puppet explode in a flurry of leaves.

"I am Boon," he said. "As for why I am here, well, my boss sent me here to give you some info and join in your little group to rescue the Hero and collect the elements, defeat the bad guy, and all that jazz...I must say, this is one rag-tag group."

Avis smiled, sidling over to the skull kid.

Post by admin on Mar 21, 2009, 2:19pm

Mardian looked skeptical, relieved that Miri was doing better. "And just who is this boss of yours?" he asked, and what are you talking about collecting elements?"

Post by Dai on Mar 21, 2009, 6:53pm

"My boss doesn't wish to reveal herself just yet," chuckled Boon. "She will say that she isn't for the cause of the evildoer threatening Hyrule." The skull kid glanced over at Avis. "Could you take out that lovely red jewel you obtained a moment ago?"

Avis nodded, pulling out the object in question which still glowed with a beautiful crimson light, and handing it to Boon, who held it out for all of them to see.

"This is the fire element, one of four jewels which are said to be the purest of any element in a crystalized form. The others are the earth element, the water element, and the wind element. Once you have all four, you will hold the power to take down the evil plaguing the sacred land...but you mustn't forget to rescue the Hero, of course. The elements choose their wielder, and fire has chosen the insane girl."

Post by jessi on Mar 21, 2009, 9:45pm

Miri's eyes grew wide when the shiny was brought out again and leaped, landing on it and holding onto it. "Shiny!" she squeaked. She looked up at the skull kid. "You're a talking scarecrow...how can you be so smart when your brain is made of straw?" she asked, nose twitching. "Huh, huh? Smells like evil to me. You're not gunna get away with our shiny!"

Post by Dai on Mar 21, 2009, 10:02pm

"I'm no scarecrow!" sniffed Boon in mock-indignation. "I just happen to like the fashion. And my head is not full of straw at all," he said, starting to rap his knuckles on his head, a wooden sound being heard.

"And besides little picori, if I had straw and no brains, I wouldn't be able to speak or move, don'tcha think?"

Avis giggled, her scars stretching to ruin the smile she had. "I don't think he's an evil person, why, he seems quite nice, if not eccentric~"

Post by admin on Mar 21, 2009, 10:08pm

Mardian took the Picori up again. "In any case why should we trust you?" Mardian asked. "If that jewel is so valuable then for allwe know you could be trying to use us to get to them." he said.

Post by Dai on Mar 21, 2009, 10:56pm

Boon shook his head, and pulled out a small blue rock, quite the shiny, polished one too, and it sparkled for a moment, before a flash of light ensued. Floating in the air stood an image of a figure in gray robes, a lighter gray wolf mask over her face.

"Why have you called me, Boon?" asked the figure.

"I need your help convicing these kind folk, or at least him," said Boon as he pointed out to Mardian, "that I'm here to help, not use them for personal gain."

The figure turned to the group at hand, looking them over. "What can be said or done that will prove our motives are soley in the interest of Hyrule's well being?"

Post by jessi on Apr 27, 2009, 8:04pm

"You goin' away, crazy lady monster..." Miri said, flailing her arms and legs, Mardian holding her up by her shirt. "Put me down!" she whined. "I don't like you picking me up when I don't wanna be picked up!" she squeaked, giving Mardian an angry look. "I wanna be on the shiny!"

Post by admin on Apr 27, 2009, 8:32pm

"Easy Miri." said Mardian, setting her down gently on a shelf of rock. "Considering who's holding that particular shiny, I don't think you should trust it." he gave the skull kid a distrustful look.

Last edited by Dai on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 am

Placeholder 2-
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty

Placeholder 3
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty

Placeholder 4
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 am

Placeholder 5
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty

Placeholder 6
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty

Placeholder 7
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 am

Placeholder 8
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 am

Placeholder 9
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:38 am

Placeholder ten-

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Rise of
Ruin

Post by jessi on Yesterday at 4:28pm

Farei turned
sharply when she felt the cold grip of Link's clawshot around her arm
and had lashed out with her scythe, only to have her swing cut short
by his blade. When the Master Sword connected with her flesh she
wrenched back painfully and her body went rigid as the evil receded
back quickly. She had now gone limp and she slumped to the ground
with a weak groan, passing out almost immediately.

Ruin

Post by Dai on Yesterday at 11:09pm

Link moved
quickly. Blessedly, he had some red chu jelly on him that he
saturated a few bandages with, getting to work on bandaging the
wounds of the pair. He was glad that Gayle had also given them a way
to contact her, and he called for the ghostly woman to warp them back
home, Gayle thankfully able to do so, the trio appearing before Avis
and Iridian.

Ruin

Post by admin on Yesterday at 11:18pm

Iridian
didn't like what he saw at all. He had been doing some offhand
flirting with Avis before their arrival, but even he could see this
was no time to be distracted. The pretty Gerudo woman was injured and
his brother...damn...his brother looked nearly dead. He knelt beside
Mardian and carefully turned him onto his back. "What in the
hell happened?!"

Ruin

Post by Dai on Yesterday at 11:22pm

Link explained
the situation, and what led to the two being so brutalized. "I
finally managed to subdue Farei when my blade accidentally cut her.
But these two need to get taken care of-especially your brother,"
he said, the bandages only temporary.

Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Iridian nodded and removed the bandages carefully from his brother once he had more and he cursed softly at the sight of the deep gash down Mardian's arm. "Damn it, Mardian. You're not allowed to die, you hear me? If you're anywhere near as stubborn as you seem..." He washed the wound clean trying to keep him from bleeding any worse than necessary as he worked on him. He used a fairy on him quickly and got some potion down him for good measure, binding the wound tightly. He blessed that he had listened to his father in some regards. He couldn't have called himself a perfect son, but he listened more than he led them to believe. Mardian lay still, pale, and unresponsive. It was hard to tell whether he was breathing or not, but Iridian knew he was, and he had no intention of letting him go...not when he had just found him.
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 pm

"So Vaati had Shadow in wait..." said Gayle, a grimace on her expression. "To think that he would weaken himself by sending one of his personal guard...he must be getting desperate."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:32 am

"I guess he wanted to send his best out to defend against the master sword being obtained." said Iridian. "That is one of the elements that you all need to defeat him, right?" said the young man as he bound his brother's wound once again. "I've done everything I can here for now..." said Iridian. "Let's just hope he didn't lose too much blood."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

"He should be fine," replied Gayle. "He has a powerful spirit and a great desire to protect those here," she said. "He'll pull through."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 am

"I guess he survived dying once, he should be able to do it again, eh?" said Iridian with a rather unenthusiastic smirk. "He'd better, anyway. Our folks have been waiting to see him for a very long time."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 am

"Iridian, help Boon carry your brother to one of the guest rooms so he
can lay down and rest," she said flatly, her mind now occupied with
concerns.

"I'll take Farei," Avis offered, the Triforce of Power
glinting in her left hand, granting her enough strength to carry the
Gerudo easily.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 am

Iridian nodded, very carefully lifting his brother and carrying him toward the room he had slept in the previous night. This was not an easy task for Iridian, his brother's frame was long and lean, cumbersome to his more stocky frame. His brother was a good eight inches taller than he. "Good grief, man...I swear he's taller than Dad." he grumbled.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 am

"Everyone seems tall to me," said Boon, the Skull Kid glancing towards Iridian. They placed Mardian on the bed, Boon pulling off those heavy boots of his.

~

Avis took Farei to the Gerudo's room, placing her on the mattress, pulling the covers over her after she took off the boots so she wouldn't have trouble sleeping with them on before the blonde took her leave.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 am

Iridian made sure his brother was lain as comfortably as was possible, grateful for Boon's help. "At least you didn't have to carry him." he said with a somewhat wry smile.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:03 am

Boon smirked faintly. "Do I look like I'd be able to do it myself?"
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:10 am

Mardian's sleep was deep and heavy, his mind filled with what had happened that day, and how hopeless everything had seemed...how ineffectual he was, and how Farei's power was more dangerous than a help. The cold, cruel words she had spoken just before he lost consciousness...he really hadn't had any way to stop her...not with any effectiveness. All he had been hoping to do was possibly trip her, to give Link more time to make a move or to give her a chance to take hold of her senses again. It had been a desperate gamble, but it had been all he had to give. His brow furrowed as he grimaced in his sleep. It certainly wasn't much to give. What was he supposed to do? How could he protect them...? Any of them....what did he have to give? He had thought he knew...but he didn't anymore...and it vexed him to the core.

Iridian grimaced and carefully kept Mardian from rolling onto the injured arm. "He's going to get it bleeding again at this rate. At least he seems a bit more lively but I'm not sure I like this much better."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am

"He had a rough time of it with Shadow and Farei...he's been trying to take on a lot to protect us, but he's only one man," said Boon, drawing the blanket up over Mardian to keep him warm, keeping it beneath his arm.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Farei's eyes opened a couple hours later, having a hard time focusing for a few moments. She felt the warm weight of a blanket over her and recognized the nearby table and learned she was back in Gayle's home. Her body felt weak, as if she were seriously ill, and it took all she had to lift herself in a sitting position, though she didn't know how long she'd be able to stay upright. Once her confusion cleared it was replaced with dread that settled heavily into the pit of her stomach.

She remembered everything.

All the terrible things she said to Mardian and her assault on Link. She looked at her bandaged arm and removed it gently, seeing the cut the Master Sword's blade had left. She ran her fingers over the healing scar and sighed. It was tender to the touch but it didn't really hurt, though she had a very high tolerance for pain anyway. She closed her eyes and leaned back against the headboard a bit, pulling the blanket with a bit of difficulty over her arms and shoulders. She knew they would never forgive her but she hadn't been able to control it. They were in danger and it was the only way she knew to make sure Vaati's cronies didn't get the upper hand. But it cost her all the same.

"The sooner this is over and I'm back home...the better." she murmured quietly to herself. She was beginning to welcome her fate easier, knowing she was nothing but a problem and a threat to a country that had driven her ancestors out and that did not want her.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Iridian had decided to go check on Farei as well. He saw her sitting up when he arrived and knocked gently on the door frame. "Good to see you awake." he said. "Feeling like yourself again?" he asked her as he approached her bedside to take a look at her arm.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 am

Farei opened her eyes as Iridian stepped in. She wasn't entirely comfortable around this man but she was far from rude when she had a hold of her senses. His question stung a bit but her face didn't betray it. "I'm not sure anymore." she said quietly, closing her eyes as he moved closer. "How is Mardian?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rise of Ruin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: