Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Shattered Twilight~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Netty
Admin
Netty

~Shattered Twilight~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 am

In the vast country of Hyrule, there is a legend surrounding another world created by the Goddesses as a realm of Banishment for those who coveted the sacred triforce and deemed to twist its power to their will. This legend has fallen from memory for most, disappearing shortly after the Shiekah tribe's departure.

To a few it became an evening musing until the day that a force from that realm, known as the Twilight Realm arose and threatened to swallow Hyrule and plunge it into darkness, turning all those in the light realm into spirits. It was at this time that the legendary hero Link, once again awakened in the world, then an Ordon rancher, he found himself to be so much more, and he defeated the darkness with the help of the Twilight's princess, Midna.

Though it pained her to part from the heroic companion who had helped to save both her world and his, Princess Midna shattered the mirror of the twilight, which was said to be the only path between the twilight realm and the realm of light, sadly saying that she would see him later, but felt it could never be.

For nearly four years Hyrule has enjoyed a golden age of peace under the rule of Princess Zelda, but soon a new darkness will rise and an unexpected key will open the door to the realm thought sealed forever..........................

~

Taryn lay in the soft, sweet smelling grass of the Ordon province. The young man was lean and slender of build, short, dark hair set against his stoneware blue eyes. His tunic was embroidered with a script unfamiliar to most in Hyrule, including himself. There was an innocence about the young man, a gentleness in his manner and voice that showed great kindness, and perhaps a touch of naivety.

The times he had left the abandoned shiekah village had been few and far between for much of his life, and he'd had little influence from the outside world until Impaz, the elderly woman who had found him and reared him as her own had decided it was time, at age eighteen, he found a life outside of the dead village. The elderly woman wished more for him than broken down, abandoned buildings with no future. That had been two nights ago.

He came found this peaceful clearing in the Ordon province, the air was fresh and clean, and it was a peaceful, quiet spot to rest and listen to the forest. He lay down next to his fire and closed his eyes, resting his head on his knapsack and listening to the crackle of the fire and the birdsong, unaware that late tonight, a dark pact would be solidified, and the peace of the land would be broken.
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm

"Ooh hoo hoo hoo...poor little boy, this isn't your night," snickered a balding figure behind a nearby stone. He watched the sleeping boy, clutching in his hand a sharp, straight-edged blade with a wicked tip at the peak. Saliva dripped from his pig-like maw, razor-edged teeth lining behind his lips. The bokoblin crept ever-closer to the boy, the soft, thin grass softening his footfalls. He raised his blade, aiming for the boy's neck.

The next thing to happen was something the fiend did not expect-a blade had pierced through his chest, blood spatter thankfully missing Taryn. "It isn't nice to sneak up on someone while they're sleeping: didn't Mother ever tell you that?" said a voice behind the bokoblin, pulling him away from Taryn before drawing his blade, piercing its blackened heart quickly before throwing the creature to the side, where the stalhounds could feast later.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:25 am

Taryn woke with a start as the noise from the attack and the body hitting the ground pulled him to his senses. He jumped at the sight of the bloodied sword, not quite comprehending yet what had happened, and more than alarmed to see a man standing over him with a blade.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 am

"Forgive me," said the man as he drew out a thick cloth, wiping the blood off of his sharp blade. "I did not mean to frighten you-I was only trying to stop that creature lying over there from harming you," he said, sheathing his sword. "My name is Ayden," he said, looking down at the younger man, his expression calm, but apologetic.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

"Ah...um...T...Thank you." said the young man a bit shakily. He got to his feet and brushed off a little. "I'm Taryn. Am I trespassing or something? Why would he attack me?"
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 am

"You weren't trespassing-that creature merely wanted you for a meal," said Ayden, pointing towards the open mouth of the creature, where twin rows of razor-sharp teeth were clearly visible, coated with the remaining saliva that had built up before its death. "You should be careful-sleeping outside of a village these days is a dangerous endeavor these days."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 am

Taryn frowned and shuddered a bit. The thought of being a meal for that disgusting creature.... "Well...thank you again for the help...I would have never known what hit me." he said.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

"It was no trouble," said Ayden as he gave a kind smile. "I specialize in dealing with such things...that beast isn't the first of its kind or temperament I've met since coming to Hyrule."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

"You're not from Hyrule?" Taryn asked. He didn't know much about the geography of the land at all, and had only seen very little of the countryside so far. He wasn't even quite sure where he was now, only that it had seemed like a quiet, peaceful place and that he had been tired.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:58 pm

"It's not uncommon, but there are a few Hylian settlements outside of this land. I came from one in a land called Labrynna, a ways away from here, by sea," Ayden replied. "I thought perhaps to seek my fortune here. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:54 am

"Oh...um, well I'm from here...I think...but I never left my village really until a few days ago." said Taryn.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 am

"You've lived in Hyrule your whole life, yet you never left your village?" Ayden asked, a little surprised. "I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...I've seen some folks older than you that say they've never set a foot outside of places like Castle Town before. What's your village like?" he asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

"It's not much..." said Taryn. "It's very quiet and peaceful, but it's kind of broken down." he said. "Me and Gran have been there since I can remember." he said. "I miss it already." he said a bit glumly. "And I worry about Gran all by herself."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:59 pm

"I'm sure she's doing just fine," reassured Ayden. "She must be quite hardy to have taken care of a boy on her lonesome for all this time."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 pm

"Oh she is. She is really getting on in age though." he said. I can't help but worry." he said. "She's taken care of me since I was four years old."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:01 am

"I'm certain that she'll be fine," replied Ayden. "And I have no doubt that she wants you to focus on seeing the world without letting yourself be consumed with worry. She sounds exceedingly spry as it is, if she's taken care of you for so long without assistance."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 pm

"Fourteen years is a long time for someone her age." said Taryn. "Anyway....thanks for helping me out." he said. "Do you know where there's a safer place to stay for now?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

"I'd recommend staying in an inn, unless you're out of money or don't wish to be in town. Otherwise, I know of a few grottoes here and there that are unoccupied."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 pm

"Ah um....I guess I can try town." he said. "It's this way, right?" he asked, looking toward the direction of the village.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

A nod answered the lad's reply. "I've been to the town before-c'mon, it's close enough. I was on my way, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Taryn nodded faintly and decided to follow this man's lead. He was not familiar with many places inside Hyrule yet and he knew he had a lot to learn. He didn't know where he'd end up sleeping-he didn't have any money, but one of those bulbins probably didn't dare entering the village, so he could at least find a patch of grass that should be relatively safe. It didn't take long to reach the village, and Taryn looked around it. It didn't take long for his eyes to scan the whole of it. It wasn't a big place. The moonlight on the stream looked like fine threads of silver as the reflection rippled across the surface and the full moonlight gave the town nearly the clarity of daylight bathed in a sleepy blue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Shattered Twilight~   ~Shattered Twilight~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~Shattered Twilight~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: