Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of Ruin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

Rise of Ruin - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Farei gave a soft smile. Akamu had a way with words. "Thank you, little friend." she scratched his little cheek gently. "I hope you're right." she turned and looked up at the ceiling. "I guess I should try to get some sleep. It's going to be a long few days." Farei sighed softly, trying to settle in.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Mardian glanced up at her wearily. "I don't like sitting still for too long." he said, leaning against the wall. It was true, he was used to traveling and constantly moving, sitting still for long periods of time was rather alien to him, like his parents before him he was a wanderer, and had yet to find anything that made him desire to anchor down anywhere specific. Even through his exhaustion and weakness the restlessness settled into his bones.
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 pm

"Ya do that," said Akamu, his tone noticeably less gruff. He helped to pull the covers over his friend before letting her have her space and her sleep. He felt that she deserved as much rest as she wanted, after the hell she'd been put through all this time, and especially as of late.

~

Gayle smirked faintly behind her mask. This one was sure to get himself killed if he didn't at least try to subdue his near-constant need to be moving. "Will you at least sit still long enough for a drink? It might at least help you to relax, and you need to do as much as you can to recover."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:25 pm

"Good night, Akamu." she smiled softly at the little Minish and closed her eyes, sleep overtaking her easily. Her sleep was fairly dreamless. She slept rather well as morning came and went, exhausted. She finally woke around mid-afternoon, moving stiffly to sit up. She felt better but her muscles still felt a tad stiff and sore, grimacing faintly as she stretched. The sun was high, she noticed, but on its downward arc. Oh well. She moved to take one more hot bath, which helped immensely by the time she was done.

Farei was bound and determined not to leave her room today, not wanting to deal with anyone if she didn't have to. She pulled on her comfortable sleeping clothes and went about washing and repairing her traveling ones, intent on making them last as long as she could. She didn't have the money to buy new clothes and she didn't even know how or where to go shopping. There was nothing to do for it.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Mardian sighed and accepted the drink. He knew he had to take care of his own welfare, but he hated depending so heavily on other people. He was independent to a fault, and felt like that was slipping away from him. He had been less than useless in the fight to obtain the master sword and no one had any respect for his suggestions in the first place for him to even add any possible strategic input. Stop it, Mardian. This isn't helping. He closed his eyes. He'd always been confident in his abilities before. What he had learned with his family along with what he had learned on his own he had managed to do well for himself, but lately, he felt like an incompetent child. He had been relieved to hear that Farei and Link both were safely returned with him and the Master Sword had been obtained despite his failure. He didn't expect Farei to care whether he was recovering well or not. She probably felt he deserved this. Perhaps he did. Regardless he was a aware she would be happy to be rid of him, though he knew she didn't wish death on him personally. He sighed softly through his nose, resting on the couch to where he could at least see what was going on around him, rather than being shut away completely like a prisoner.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 pm

"Here you are," said Boon a few moments later, bearing a bottle of a simple, fruity drink, and a glass full of it in the other hand. As Gayle could not interact with such things so easily herself, Boon came in quite handy.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 am

Mardian nodded faintly and took the drink from Boon. He sighed and sipped at it wearily, rubbing his brow. "So what is my shameless little brother up to?" he asked wearily. He hadn't seen his wayward brother since he had gotten up either, and frankly, not knowing where he was when there were two vulnerable young women around worried him.

Iridian was indeed getting into some trouble. He was cooped up in this place with no one to really enjoy company with, and despite the scars on her face, that Avis girl was pretty gorgeous under it all. Nice body, and a pretty face when her scars weren't messing it up. He didn't figure it'd take too much to convince her to have a little fun, and hell, it could be a confidence boost for her too. At that very moment he was a few doors down, having invited her out on a beautiful veranda and they had been talking for a little while. He smiled that heartbreaking smile of his and smoothed her blond hair back from her eyes. "Such a pretty little rag doll.." he said, smiling at her softly.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 am

"Mm...I'm not sure," admitted Gayle. "I've been a little preoccupied making sure that you were all right to keep an eye on everyone."

~

A faint blush filled Avis' cheeks at Iridian's compliment. She knew that he did not mean the nickname in a cruel manner, and it made her feel happy to know that he thought she was pretty. "Thank you...no one's ever called me pretty before..." she murmured.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 am

Mardian frowned. "Oh goddesses...you've left him loose?" He asked, pushing himself to his feet. "That man needs a leash." he muttered, forcing himself to move in search of him.

~

Iridian smiled faintly, moving toward her more. "Well, that's their loss." he said, tilting her chin up and leaning his head down slowly, her lips inches from his. He slipped his fingers through his hair. "There's plenty to appreciate here, Avis."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 am

"You...you really think so?" Avis asked, her voice on the verge of a faint stutter, and her face heating from the blood rush. His touch was gentle and soft, and she felt his fingers threading through her blonde, curled locks.

Last edited by Dai on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 am

Iridian smiled softly and leaned forward the rest of the way, kissing her on her soft full lips, his arms wrapping around her and running his hands down her back to the small of it.

~

Mardian had a feeling that when he did find his brother, he was going to be angry, and that feeling wasn't a good one. He knew Farei had closed herself up in her room...but Avis? Where was she?
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 am

Avis felt her face flush tremendously at Iridian's kiss. Never before had a man kissed her, and it felt...nice, she realized, to experience the feeling of another human's lips upon her own. She closed her eyes, feeling him rub her slender back, his touches alien to her, and yet she felt herself welcoming them...
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 am

"Mmm...you're not a bad kisser, Avis." he smiled, his hand straying lower. "How would you like to come to my room?" he smiled, Avis pressed close against him.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:40 am

"T-thank you," Avis replied, his compliment working its magic on her. "Um...wh...why?" she asked, confused as to why he would want her to go to his room.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 am

Iridian smiled and stroked down her back. "I thought we might get better acquainted..." he said, his hand straying a little too close to her posterior. It was at that moment that Mardian opened the door, just as Iridian had pulled her into another seductive kiss.

"Get your hands off of her right now!" Mardian roared angrily, overriding his weariness he moved over to his brother and yanked him off, ignoring his injured arm.

"Hey take it easy, Mardian. Geeze." said Iridian a bit indignantly. "Avis and I were-"

"About to go to your room?! You were trying to take advantage of her you creep, and don't deny it!"

Mardian was feeling rather faint from the shouting and the deepest desire to clock this man who inexplicably shared the same blood, but could be so despicably irresponsible.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:33 am

Farei had been hanging her clothes up to dry when she heard what sounded like yelling. Fearing some sort of attack or problem, she came out of her room and hurried to see what the problem was. The floor was cold on her bare feet but she found the scene easily enough.

"What are you thinking, you perverted animal!" it was Miri's turn to speak up when Farei came in. "I've been watching you since you showed up and I don't like you!"

"What's going on...?" Farei asked quietly once she saw the opportunity to speak up. She looked over at Iridian and saw Avis there as well.

"Iridian was trying to seduce Avis!" Miri said, folding her arms.

"....He what?" Farei's tone was low and sharp, her eyes narrowing on Iridian. "What in the hell is wrong with you?!" she demanded. It was going to be near impossible not to insult Avis, even unwittingly, knowing how sensitive she was. She was the most innocent-minded one, the most naive, and this sick man was trying to take advantage of that. Her jaw tightened like it had last night but her glare was much more dangerous this time.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 am

Avis was confused, and even frightened. She had no idea what was going on. All she knew was that Iridian was getting yelled at, and Mardian looked as if he was going to slug him, to which Gayle was trying to prevent the hunter from hurting himself while he was seemingly getting ready to hit Iridian.

Gayle was flabbergasted. Iridian, not even a full few days into meeting him, had already gone and broken her trust, and, as it seemed, everyone else's but Avis. She sometimes found it hard to believe that Iridian was really Mardian's blood relative, even with her own special sense for such things.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:55 am

"You know, the only one not complaining right now is the one that has the place to." said Iridian with a frown. "Was I upsetting you, Avis?" he asked.

This was too much for Mardian. His uninjured arm came forward and he gave Iridian a solid punch across the jaw. "You know exactly what you were doing and you know that Avis doesn't know a thing of what you were about, so don't even try to play that card. I don't care if you're my brother or not, I'm not going to stand by and watch you take advantage of someone just because they don't know that you're doing it! How many naive young girls do you use and throw away in a week, Iridian? One for every day? Can you think with anything above your belt?!"
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:09 am

"H-hey! That's your brother!" Avis cried out. She had just about been to answer Iridian when Mardian hit him. She didn't think that he was doing anything wrong, though some of what Mardian was saying concerned her. She just thought Iridian was trying to be nice to her...and yet, here everyone was behaving as if he was evil incarnate.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

Farei moved over to Avis quickly and and gently gripped her arm, wrapping her own arm around the girl's shoulders and attempted to lead her from the room. "Oh don't worry about him, Avis. I doubt Mardian will kill him." she said, giving a nasty glare in Iridian's direction. "Though castration may be in order." she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:35 am

Mardian was breathing a bit heavily from the exertion and pure anger he was feeling toward his brother. "Consider this your one and only warning, Iridian. If I ever catch you trying to take advantage of a woman again. It will be a lot more than a punch in the jaw you get. I don't know where you get off thinking that anyone of the opposite sex was put on this earth for your entertainment, but you'd best curb that thinking here. Avis and any other woman deserves respect and consideration, you weren't fooling anyone." he said through thin breath.

Iridian got to his feet, rubbing his jaw. "Well aren't you just the perfect little boyscout." he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:43 am

"And that is enough," said Gayle, stepping in. "As much as you deserve being slugged in the face, I don't need you making any excuses to get yourself beaten up even more than you already deserve," she said to Iridian. "The point is, you just broke a big amount of trust placed in you, and you haven't even had it a week. Right now, I think it's best that you stay away from Farei, and especially Avis, if you know what's god for you."

Avis looked around, confused, frightened, and concerned. They all made it seem like Iridian had done something terrible...and she. She was clueless, and left out of the knowledge they shared. It made her feel sad. She had thought that Iridian was only being nice. After all, he had complimented her, had been so polite and inviting.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Farei, livid, led Avis along the hall back toward her room. She could see the look on Avis' face and could tell she had a little bit of explaining and damage control to do. She left the door cracked and sat Avis down in the chair beside the bed.

"Are you all right?" she asked, sitting across from the girl.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 am

"I'm fine," insisted Avis, but clearly, the young woman was upset. "I just...I don't understand..." she said sadly. "I just thought Iridian was trying to be nice...he said I was pretty...that there was plenty to appreciate about me..." she murmured, touching her lips where she had been kissed by him. "But then everyone got angry at him."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 am

Mardian sat down rather quickly after Gayle spoke, his head was reeling and he was feeling sick, suddenly glad he hadn't eaten anything since he had woken. He didn't need this, he really didn't and finding and confronting Iridian had taken a lot out of what little energy he had regained.

Iridian rolled his eyes. "What trust? Mardian didn't trust me from the second I walked in here and neither did Farei. I wasn't doing anything to Avis that was bothering her and I take 'no' for an answer if I get it." he said rather defensively.

"You could tell she's naive and anxious for positive attention." Mardian growled. "Don't act like the 'victim' here." He looked up at his brother rather wearily, his eyes having a hard time focusing at times. "It's one thing to give Avis attention and to compliment her if you mean it, but flattering her so that you can get what you want from her isn't acceptable."

"Fine. Fine. I'll behave myself, all right? I do happen to actually like Avis." he said. "Yeah, I was looking for a good time, but it's not like I wasn't planning to give her one too. Rag doll's probably not gotten a lot of attention because of those crazy scars."

"Well, you just keep today in mind the next time you decide you want to have some fun." Mardian muttered. "You want to get anywhere with Avis she better know damn sure what she's getting into, and you sure as hell better mean it."

"I thought you were supposed to be my big brother. Not hers." Iridian smirked faintly. "Look, I promise I won't push the moves on her again like that." he said, rubbing his sore jaw when it caused a twinge of pain. "Just take it easy like you're supposed to, okay?"

"You'll make that easier if you keep your word." Mardian sighed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: