Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of Ruin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:03 pm

"Sounds as if you already had enough to deal with in the first place." said Iridian, letting his legs soak. "What I don't understand though, is if you were such a danger and they let you live this long and then sent you out here, why would they kill you when you go back? I mean, if we get through this and you've helped to save Hyrule and the surrounding kingdoms, that really doesn't seem right." he said with a slight frown. "If nothing else, why not let you go back to the way things were?"
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 pm

"I learned a long time ago not to try to figure out what the sages think. Maybe they knew this would happen all along. I don't know." she shrugged her shoulders a bit. "I don't really want to go back to how things were. It's near torture being locked away with no one to talk to but the dead. But I guess once they get rid of me I'll be stuck there anyway." she gave a bit of a rueful smile. "I've been protecting my own grave this whole time."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:46 pm

"So just don't go back. Those musty old corpses don't need to make you one just because they are." he said, leaning back on his hands. "If you can control yourself long enough to save Hyrule when it would be ripest for the picking for Ganon, I don't think you're as big a danger as they say you are, barring a few bad episodes here and there. Anybody can be dangerous, doesn't mean they deserve to die."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 pm

"I don't think I can control it much longer. It gets harder each time. Maybe now that Link has the Master Sword things will be a little easier, but it's not like I want any of those episodes to happen in the first place." she looked down at the water. "Besides, my kind isn't exactly welcome anywhere. I'll just be chased out our killed anyway. The desert is the only place I can go."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 pm

"Your kind? Heh. When's the last time anyone saw your kind? The only reason I figured out you were a gerudo was from stories and let's face it, having red hair and a tan doesn't automatically make you one. Just don't act like one. You don't have to admit to being one if you're so ashamed of it." he said. "Anyway, didn't you say this was your first time away from the desert? How do you know how people are going to react to you?"
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:06 pm

"Stories? If you don't live in Hyrule and you know all the stories then I doubt there's a single Hylian that doesn't know." she muttered. He was beginning to get on her nerves. "How is your brother?"
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:10 pm

"My Dad's from Hyrule, Farei. He passed on some of the legends he was told as he was growing up. And its just a story, being drop dead gorgeous and a redhead doesn't mean you have to be a gerudo, heck, I've seen plenty of reheaded girls, entertained them too." he smirked. He glanced back toward the room where Mardian was sleeping. "He'll be lucky if he doesn't get a fever. He's been gravitating toward it for a few hours now. He lost a lot of blood and his system's weak."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:28 pm

"And they call Gerudo sleazy." she had rolled her eyes some at his comment. "If he's going to catch a fever then it's best he does now rather than while we're moving around."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Iridian shrugged and gave a faint smile. "It takes two, you know." he said. I don't claim to be the perfect golden child and it's not my style. What's the point in living life if you don't get any fun?" he said, leaning back on his hands casually. "At least I'm up front with my habits. Any girl that gets involved with me isn't getting any surprises. Well, at least not unpleasant ones." he smirked.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:28 am

"I hope that really wasn't an attempt at trying to impress me or anything." she said bluntly. "I'm sure you've heard it all before the way you whine about your parents wishing you were more like your "perfect" brother, how you mentioned they'd be happier if they had Mardian instead of you, and I'm in too much pain to want to lecture you. It's just mildly hypocritical for you to tell me not to act like what I am when you're doing the exact opposite. And save your petty complaints about family for someone who has one. I'm afraid I can't sympathize with you at all when it comes to that. Do what you want with your life, Iridian, I honestly don't care. I'd appreciate it if you stopped suddenly pretending to care about mine."

Farei could see through this shallow man easily and she had her own real demons to deal with. She didn't mean to sound callous but she was in no mood to be comforting to him. He had pinned her in an awkward position and now he was trying to tell her everything about herself and how to live. Being obnoxious about such things must have been a family trait. She, of all people, would be expected to throw herself at men and steal whatever money she could, it was the culture of her people, but she didn't. She found the idea of having so many empty relationships wasteful, but she'd keep that her self. It didn't matter anyway, she was condemned to die, yet everyone else seemed more upset over it than she was. If she could control her father's influence long enough to go home, his threat would die with her. She didn't understand why one Gerudo's life mattered if hundreds of lives were at stake. It didn't make sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 am

Iridian arched a brow. "All I said is I didn't bother to live up to the expectation." he said. "And I may not stand high on any moral pedestal, but I'm not throwing myself on an axe either." he said. "Just saying, all this sounds kind of stupid if they were so scared of you in the first place. So nice of them to let your grow up to understand you were going to die and there was no reason for you to live and suffer as a prisoner in a graveyard for several years. It doesn't make any sense and it sounds pretty cruel of such 'benevolent' beings."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:35 am

"Yes, that seems to be the obvious consensus with all of you. The rest of you seem to care more about it than I do. Benevolent or not you all have a hard time understanding that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. If my father's magic dies with me, I'll be satisfied." Farei shrugged her shoulders. "I really don't care anymore. I've done my crying over it."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:41 am

"Heh. Since when does your Dad's magic 'die', huh? How many times has he 'died' and somehow crops himself up some other way? He was supposed to be dead when those elders in the arbiters grounds sent him to the Twilight realm, but he showed up again and came back. I don't think your martyrdom is going to stop him."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Farei narrowed her eyes on Iridian, far past annoyed. It was all she could do not to say anything she'd probably regret. She wanted him to leave. "All I wanted was to be left alone for a while. Not be reminded of what's going to happen to me and told how to live. I'm a tool for my father to use, and so far, he's winning. All these annoyances only make it easier for him to grab hold. The only reason your brother is alive right now, Iridian, is because he saw Link as the biggest threat once those shadows were taken care of. Link isn't awake right now and you're the only one around." her jaw was tight and she didn't take her eyes off of him.

"I'm glad you think you have all the answers. You and your brother both have the tendency to be know-it-alls when really, you don't. I don't even know everything. The only thing I do know is that I don't want to live as a tool anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone and if it takes my death, whether it works or not, I won't be able to be used." tears stung at her eyes. "Now will you leave me alone long enough for me to get out, at least? I'm tired and there's obviously no chance of relaxing out here, apparently."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Iridian shrugged. "Sorry its so terrible to you that your companions don't want you to die." he said. "Good night, Farei. I'll leave you alone." he said. "Enjoy the rest of your soak." he said, standing and walking out silently.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:37 am

Farei pulled herself out of the water once she was sure Iridian was gone, her muscles still wobbly but not in near as much pain. She dried herself a bit and wrapped up in the towel, making her way back to her room slowly, leaning against the wall for support. She was still quite upset with Iridian and wished they had never stumbled across each others' paths.

She settled back into bed after locking her door and pulling her clothes back on. She wanted as little to do with Iridian as possible and supposed it'd be in her best interest if she stayed inside this room as much as possible. It'd be boring but the least amount of stress would be involved. At least she hoped so. With a heavy sigh she closed her eyes. "Akamu. Akamu are you in here?" she listened for a response of her small friend. She needed someone half sane and less judgmental at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:45 am

Akamu's red-maned face popped out from the drawer in the bedside dresser. "Yeah? I'm 'ere. I was snoopin' to see if th' ol' ghost lady 'ad any spare change lyin' 'round."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:01 am

"Oh good, you're all right." Farei opened her eyes and reached toward the drawer, her palm out for the Minish to hop into. "You shouldn't be so rude, Akamu. Gayle is letting us stay here to rest. Anything in this house belongs to her." she said gently.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:40 am

"But she's dead," said Akamu simply, looking up at her. "Said so 'erself. I don' think she'd care. She don' look like th' materialistic type."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm

"It's stealing if you take what doesn't belong to you, Akamu. Even if you think someone wouldn't care if it's missing. You could at least ask." she said. She gently stroked the top of his grizzly head. "You still have your little treasure pile in the desert, after all. And didn't you keep some of the rupees you found the last place we were in?" As gruff and mean as he was, she still adored him. He had kept her company for so many years.

"How was everyone else while we were gone?" she asked. "I hope the other Minish, Avis, and Iridian behaved themselves."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:57 pm

"Well, I hadn't seen Garic an' Miri all tha' much," Akamu replied. "I think Garic was tendin' to tha' Fritz bird o' his, and Miri was off doin' somethin'. Iridian was bein' all chatty wit' Avis, and o'course, Avis is too oblivious t' really see pas' his cheery demeanor an' 'good looks', as he calls it."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Farei frowned. "So he's talking to Avis, hm?" she rubbed her face with her free hand and sighed. "The last thing we need is a pervert to make everyone else uncomfortable." she muttered. "How much worse can this get, honestly? It's almost tempting to jump ship before it hits the rocks and goes down." she murmured sadly, looking toward the wall. "I'm tired of everything going wrong..."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm

"Gayle's gotten on Iridian's case, so if 'e keeps tryin' t' toe th' line, there's no doubt he'll probably be kept away from all but his brother," said Akamu, scratching at his grizzly mane. "And don' worry," he said. "I'm sure things'll look up soon 'nuff."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 am

Mardian's eyes slipped open slowly as it grew late into the next morning. He was disoriented at first, his mind fuzzy. Farei's words returned to his mind, the last thing he remembered and vaguely, with the detached sensation he was experiencing, he wondered if he was dead. Sluggishly he shifted and felt a rather intense pain shoot through his arm. No. Not dead. "Nngh...." He shifted and sat himself up slowly, careful of his injured arm and recognized that he was back in the room that Gayle had set up for him. What had happened? Had Link been able to stop Farei? Had she been driven off? Or was she here? He didn't see Iridian anywhere either and was almost relieved of it. He got to his feet, leaning heavily against the wall as he made his way out into the hallway, fighting the dizzy spells.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 am

"For a man that looks as if he's about to topple over at any second, I am quite surprised you made it outside of your room," said Gayle quietly. "Anyone in your current state should be resting." But of course, Gayle wasn't his boss, but she was rather concerned for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: