Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Winter Wine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me wine to wash me clean of the weather-stains of cares

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of Ruin

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Netty
Admin
Netty

Rise of Ruin - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:02 pm

"It's all right, Rag doll..." Iridian murmured. "Gayle said he was sleeping and dormant while he was in you...so you're okay....the worst of it is over...he's gone and I'm not going to let anything else hurt you...You don't have to be scared anymore." he murmured comfortingly, gently kissing her forehead and rubbing her back. It was strange...that a girl that had so many physical flaws when they began had been the one to take his heart. Perhaps it was his nature of enjoying making the women feel good about themselves that had been a large part of that....he'd enjoyed seeing the smile she had every time he made her feel good about herself, and he had to admit, she'd been beyond adorable when she was trying to be sexy. He'd given her the confidence boost that she'd wanted, but she'd given him something better in return. She'd given him a presence that he could live with on a forever basis and not fear getting bored with it.

Maybe this whole settling down with one wasn't so terrible a concept after all when it all boiled down. One thing he had always admired on his parents was that they could depend on each other for support no matter the storm. Nothing had proved that more strongly than losing Mardian. If they'd faced that individually he doubted that either one of them would still be living. It had been an event that had scarred them both for life and without each other they would have gone mad. Perhaps that was the true strength of commitment...knowing that someone always had your back. All the girls he'd been with he never expected anything out of them, he'd wanted to believe that he didn't need anyone. There had been times when he didn't think that his parents wanted him...but this whole experience was teaching him that there might have been more to what they had been trying to do than he thought. Perhaps he'd been unfair to his parents all these years resenting them for their measuring him against Mardian. They'd wanted him to aspire to be better than just a philandering vagabond with no prospects aside of an open road and one strange bed after another. They weren't just using Mardian's memory as a tool to shame him or look down at him. They were using him as an example of what they wanted for him. To have a ethics to guide him to the right. The problem with that was that had never been how Iridian had seen it.
Back to top Go down
https://winterwine.forumotion.com
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Avis sat down on her bed once Iridian had set her there. She looked down at her hands, as smooth and unblemished as a newborn's when only moments ago, they were nicked and marred with a few scars. She'd had plenty before...and now, they were gone, as if a mask had been pulled from her. Her mind, too, she thought. Before, everything seemed so hazy, or unreal...everything was so clear, now.

She looked up, staring into the mirror across from her. She saw herself, whole, and...normal. She smiled, reaching up and touching the jaw of the man that helped make it all possible. Iridian...it was almost insane to think about, that a man that had been so loose and unwilling to allow attachment to any woman had chosen her, had risked it all to save her, no less...

Avis closed her eyes, recalling his words in her mindscape, his touch and his kiss. It had made her feel so warm...so...happy. "Iridian...thank you. So much..." she murmured.

Last edited by Dai on Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Iridian wrapped his arms around her, drawing her close and kissing her deeply, slipping his fingers through her hair softly. "Mm....I couldn't just let my sweet rag doll fall apart, now could I?" he murmured with a soft smile, his brow resting against hers. "I'm glad that you're well and safe...."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Avis closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around Iridian and holding herself close to him. She smiled softly, leaning into his embrace and sighing softly in contentment. "My hero..." she whispered, flashing him a small, sweet smile. "Mmnn...I love you, Iridian..." she murmured, resting her head against his chest. "You, and only you..."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm

"I love you too, Rag doll." Iridian murmured, gently rubbing her back. "I'm only sorry it took almost losing you to make me realize how much..."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

"It took me almost dying to realize how truly important I was myself..." she murmured. "When I began to die, I...I began to think...maybe it would be better...if I no longer existed. I thought that...all I did was cause others discomfort...that I scared them, or put them off...but hearing your voice...I realized that I couldn't just give up...and I was reminded of how much you cared...even though I was so broken...so disturbed...you truly cared for me...that brought me back."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:11 pm

"Well, you know how much the others need you right now...if you died they would have lost the fire element too. Not that I'm sayin' that would be the main loss that would have been on their minds if something had happened, but it would have been a real catastrophe there too."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Avis nodded softly, gripping his tunic. "I know...don't worry. I don't have any intention of going anywhere or leaving anyone behind. I intend to live and see this through to the end."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:22 pm

Iridian smiled and rested his head against hers. "It's all going to work out, love...That Vaati guy isn't going to know what hit him by the time all of you are through. Between Farei's power-housing, your boldness, Link's blade and Mardian's prowess I know that you will all make the perfect team once you've got it all together....I just wish I knew how to be of better use to all of you...."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Avis listened quietly, gently stroking through her lover's scruff as she did so. She gave a soft smile. "You've already done so much, Iridian...such as giving your brother the hope that he will see his long-thought-lost parents again..."

She turned around, gently gazing up at him, her eyes staring longingly into his. "And what you've done for me...you've given me so much...you helped give me the confidence to start facing things head-on in a proper fashion...and you helped to restore me to a less ruined state...both physically, and within my soul..." she murmured, touching her heart and reflecting on how he'd traversed her ruined spirit to piece it back together. "You've given us such a boon...of course," she smiled, gently kissing him, "I'm sure we can find a way you can aid us further if you still wish to."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:35 pm

"You forget Stressing Mardian to his limit, Pissing both him and Farei off to no end with my conduct, and causing general misery around here." he smirked faintly. "I figure telling Mardian about our parents was both a good and a bad thing since he's been so stickler that they not know about him until this is over. That means he's got a firm belief he might not make it through this."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:45 pm

"Now that he knows, he might just fight all the harder to survive," Avis pointed out. "I know that I would, if I had discovered that my parents were still alive..." she trailed off a moment, but managed to suppress her pain. "Besides...no matter what headache you caused...I'm glad that you came into our lives," she smiled, gently kissing him and resting her brow against his.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Iridian smiled against her lips and kissed her deeply, gently rolling onto the bed with her more and stroking her waist* Mm...and I'm glad I met you Avis...and believe me...when you meet my mother...she'll be glad to meet you too." he smirked. "She's been praying that someone would straighten me out for a long time, I'm sure."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Avis smiled, knowing exactly what he wanted by those touches he made. "Mm...I look forward to meeting both of your parents, Iridian," she replied. Her gentle, dainty fingers caressed his strong jaw as she nipped softly at his lips. "But for now...I'm content to enjoy my time with you and you alone..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Rise of Ruin - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winter Wine :: The Winery :: Wine Cellar-
Jump to: