Rise of Ruin

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

"Iridian is new, Avis. And just because he's Mardian's brother doesn't mean he's any good." Farei made sure the door was shut, glancing at it. "He seems like he'll flirt with any girl to get what he wants. If he really likes you and means it, he won't give up on you." she gave a faint smile. "But for now I can't trust him as far as I could throw him. So if he ever makes you feel uncomfortable, you can come and tell me, all right?" she offered a kind smile.

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Gayle studied Iridian for a moment. She could hardly tell if the man was telling the truth, or just saying things to get them off of his back. She almost wouldn't have put it past him to be doing both, and that was a kinder thought on her part. "Just be sure you do behave," said Gayle. "I don't want to have to be asked to put you in a room detached from the rest of the cave."

~

"Okay," promised Avis. She still wasn't sure exactly what Iridian wanted...no one seemed like they would tell her. But the thought that Iridian might actually like her...it made her feel happy...but if everyone was right and he was just using her...Avis closed her eyes, gripping her head as she felt a slight ache beneath it.
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 am

Mardian waved off his younger brother in dismissal after a moment. He really didn't want to look at him at the precise second. Everything was so upside down, and Iridian was no exception. From what he remembered of his parents...he couldn't dream that they could have produced a child with such blatantly loose morals. He gave a faint groan, his head throbbing and his arches and pains sinking back into his fatigued body. He took just enough strength to move out where he could see more than four walls staring back at him and collapsed on one of the couches in the central living area, closing his eyes and rubbing his brow wearily.
Back to top Go down
http://winterwine.forumotion.com
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Farei still felt pretty tired, but confronting Iridian had her blood running hot and it would take a while to cool down. Her mind felt clear today, no doubt thanks to Link and his use of the Master Sword on her when she was out of control. Just thinking about it made her stomach feel heavy and sick. She looked over at Avis who still seemed upset and Farei had a feeling she didn't really understand. To some extent, Farei knew what it felt like to be considered a monster. She was sure everyone in this group thought of her as one.

"It's weird, isn't it?" she asked, sitting with her legs crossed on the bed. "When people are nice to you, I mean. After you're used to being treated like dirt or worse." Farei looked up at Avis. "It feels like some dirty trick or cruel joke most of the time. You can't tell if people are being sincere, if they're trying to lead you on, or if they're just scared to insult you." she wasn't sure where the others in the group fell along those lines, but Farei felt that Avis' feelings were genuine. Children, she heard, didn't know how to mask their feelings the way adults were forced to, and Avis acted much like a child.

Farei was sure Link would rather cut her open to get rid of her, Boon surely hated her for setting his puppets on fire, and Iridian probably saw her as a piece of meat to be used as he saw fit. She felt like that anyway. Gayle gave her that vibe too, now that she thought about it. Miri would rather see her dead and Mardian seemed to give her the impression that she had no business trying to even help, that she was part of the problem, but she couldn't deny that she wasn't. Everyone danced on eggshells around her and she knew any kindness she received was fake. Except from Avis and Akamu. She took small comfort in knowing that when this was over, she wouldn't have to deal with any of this anymore. She would be able to rest and would no longer have the potential to cause any more trouble. It had never been her intention to be a thorn in anyone's side. She just had to wait for that day to come.

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Avis gave a soft nod. "I...I'm scared, Farei...I...I really want to believe...that someone's being nice to me, but..." She touched her cheeks, her scarred, and she felt ugly cheeks. She felt that she was just too hideous.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Farei looked at Avis sadly. "I know." she said quietly, sympathizing. "If Iridian really does care about you, he won't give up so easily. And he'll find a way to make you feel worth his time without expecting anything in return." she tried to offer a reassuring smile. "I'm a little hungry. Is there anything left over from lunch in the kitchen?" she asked.

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:12 pm

"Uh-huh," Avis gave a small smile, grateful for Farei's reassurance. She truly was glad for her friendship. "I'm hungry, too," she said, patting her growling belly.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Farei smiled and got to her feet, feeling starved. She hadn't eaten since the day before yesterday, if she remembered right, and was feeling the effects of low blood sugar. She hoped some food would help her feel less tired and would help her mood some. She left the room with Avis and headed toward where she thought the kitchen was.

"I hope there's no more trouble today." Farei said quietly, passing by the living area where Mardian appeared to be resting.

Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Mardian was awake, feeling like hell, but awake. He'd been looking around the enclosed area. He hated spending too much time indoors, walls felt so constricting to him. The only exception was his own cabin and he only spent much time in that during the winter months. Even then he went outside when he could. What he wouldn't give for some fresh air right now. He saw Farei passing him and turned his head toward her, watching her move across the floor.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

"I don't think there will be," said Avis, her tone hopeful. She just hoped that it wouldn't be too boring, either.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Farei has assumed Mardian was sleeping, so kept as quiet as possible. She didn't want to wake him up and bother him any. After yesterday, she was sure he and Link wanted nothing to do with her. She was wearing loose shorts and a loose-fitting top. She couldn't stand sleeping in skin-tight clothing and her usual outfit was drying in the washroom. Once she found the kitchen she noticed some leftovers from lunch that was made and sat down to eat some of it. She wasn't picky, though she did prefer her food hot rather than cold.

Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Mardian was hungry too. He hadn't eaten anything since before they had gone for the master sword and he hadn't been awake long before he hunted down his brother before he did something foolish and cruel. He sighed wearily. Farei and Avis had just gone into the kitchens and that reminded him of how much he could use a bite himself, but he didn't want them to think he was following them.

Avis was probably still upset about the shout match he'd had with his brother and Farei had already told him what she thought of him, as well as proved just how much he'd been diluting himself that he was a strong enough ally to handle things and protect them. Compared to Farei and Link he was completely useless, and in fact, with Avis holding the triforce of power, he was more useless than she was. He shook his head, ashamed of himself for such self pitying thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 am

Avis lit a small fire on the stove, this particular room in the cave having an opening for smoke to leave as she heated her leftovers a tad. "I can reheat yours for you," she offered Farei.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Seeing Avis around flame made Farei a bit uncomfortable. The girl had tendencies to do odd things sometimes, and Farei wasn't thrilled with the prospect of her doing anything with fire. "Oh no thank you." she said quietly, watching Avis closely. She wasn't really bothered by the temperature of her food, she was just hungry and wanted something to quiet her stomach. She ate quietly, thinking this place reminded her a bit of the Arbiter's Grounds, being underground with no way to see outside. It was depressing. "I bet it's too dangerous for us to go out. I really wanted to see the lake more. This is the one and only time I'll be in Hyrule. I guess there's nothing to be done for it though."

Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Mardian had decided to try to move around a little more. The bandage on his arm hadn't bled through at least and with any luck the continued treatment to the wound would have it cleared up before they set out again. He was still weak from blood loss, but he was headstrong and he felt restless cooped up in this place. "I think we should be all right next to Lake Hylia so long as Gayle knows we're there." he said when he heard Farei make the comment. He was leaning against the wall slightly. "If you really want to go."
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Surprisingly, Avis was actually fairly responsible around fire. Perhaps it was her affinity to the element. She did, after all, possess it in its purified form. "We could ask," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Farei looked up when Mardian spoke. She hadn't heard him come in and was sure he was asleep whens he passed. Had she been too loud getting her food? She hadn't meant to. She looked down at her plate, having noticed he was looking pretty terrible still. It was her fault he was in that state, she was sure. She was surprised he was even looking at her after all that had been said and done. Her eyes set on Avis for a moment when she spoke up before focusing back on her plate, pulling a piece of bread off of a larger loaf and nibbling it.

"I want to go." she said quietly. "It's going to be the only time I have a chance to."

Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:01 am

"We should speak to Gayle then. If she can warp us back clear from Faron Woods she should be able to right at her front door off of Lake Hylia." he said. "It's not really natural for me to spend much time indoors in the first place, sitting around inside these walls will drive me mad almost faster than anything else." he said, rubbing his brow. "Is there anything left to eat?" he asked, feeling near dizzy from hunger as well as the other ill effects from their fight in the woods. He hoped that some food would help him feel a little more grounded. He wanted to be able to enjoy being outside.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am

"There's plenty," Avis smiled, and indeed, there was still a pleasant amount of food left over from the previous meal, and all of it was still fresh enough to consume. "I haven't gone swimming much...I'll go, too," she smiled. "Wait here, I'll go get her!"

"No need to," Gayle said. "I happened to be on my way out anyway, and I heard everything. It wouldn't be too much trouble, I suppose. This is your calming break before the storm: I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy yourselves."
Back to top Go down
Netty
Admin
Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 am

Mardian eased himself into a chair after getting some food and nibbling it, trying not to eat too much too fast. He wanted to eat at least a little before they went outside. He nearly groaned when he saw Iridian strolling in again, seemingly none the worse for wear and no less shameless than he was before. He flashed a charming smile at Avis. "Well, what is everyone up to, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:21 am

"We were gonna go to the lake," Avis answered, an ecstatic grin on her face. Avis, surprisingly, loved to swim, and she had never gone to Lake Hylia to do so before, so the idea of going to such a large body of water appealed to her. "Gayle said it was okay."
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:30 am

Farei felt the hair on the back of her neck rise and she shot a glare in Iridian's direction so intense it would have made her own father look twice. The way he carried himself, he hadn't learned a damn thing. Avis' easy and lighthearted response made her cringe inwardly, and she did her best to cover her own emotion and feelings quickly. She didn't want to go against what she said earlier. If Iridian was intent on getting anything out of Avis, well, he'd be earning it the hard way or find out what being a eunuch truly meant.

Netty

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Iridian behaved as if he didn't notice the look Farei had given him, though he inwardly cringed. That was one woman he didn't think he'd get into the sack any time soon. Oh well, Avis was pretty enough if you ignored the stitch-like scars on her cheek. "Sounds like fun, Rag doll. I met a Zora before I met up with you lot." he smirked. "Maybe she'll be out on the beach today too." he said, as if just carrying on a casual conversation.

He had to play it a little more carefully if he was going to get the fun police off of his back for any amount of time, but that didn't mean he couldn't continue to be upbeat. Besides, half the people here seemed to be manic depressive between his brother and the gerudo who seemed anything but what he had heard stories told about that breed aside of her fiery beauty. She was a cold fish.
Back to top Go down
Dai

Dai

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 am

"The last time I saw a Zora, it was the Prince," said Avis. "He was staying in Kakariko for a while. I've never seen many others besides him," she said. "Oh! I should bring a change of clothes..." Avis thought, thinking the things she had on now wouldn't be fit for swimming.
Back to top Go down
Jessi
Admin
Jessi

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Farei felt her appetite leave her when Iridian spoke of a Zora friend and she put the rest of her bread in a napkin. Akamu was probably hungry. She got to her feet and moved to the door, giving Iridian another dangerous glare as she shouldered past him, making sure Avis wasn't looking when she did.

"One day I'll learn to keep my mouth shut." she muttered darkly before she was out of their range of hearing. She headed back to her room and checked her clothes to see if they were dry or not. If only she could find a window to open in here, to let the warm air in and get her clothes to dry faster. They were still damp. It didn't matter, she couldn't swim anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Ruin   

Back to top Go down

Rise of Ruin
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next